Camera prices due to rise in UK ?

PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
edited January 2021 in Nikon DSLR cameras
Brexit effect that is ..now Nikon stops imports to the UK while they sort the mess out. oh yes thats going to put prices up.
Post edited by Pistnbroke on

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Oh how quickly we forget how to stand on our own two feet and do import/export paperwork.
    Always learning.
  • photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 646Member
    edited January 2021
    It is a bit of a bother that shipments to Scotland are delayed because of the goings-on of the perpetually work-shy in England thinking people where stealing their jobs. Maybe they'll vote for English independence now if they really want to stand on their own feet, let the rest of us get back on track.
    Post edited by photobunny on
  • DenverShooterDenverShooter Posts: 416Member
    You need something urgently?
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member

You need something urgently?

Yes. Gas. I am running out.
  • DenverShooterDenverShooter Posts: 416Member
    I thought you had a critical Nikon need that you couldn't get.
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member

I thought you had a critical Nikon need that you couldn't get.

Well, if I truly had Gas, I would have a Z 7 and a Z 7ii and all the primes. But the truth is, while I see myself buying into the Z system (notice I did not say switching), I have a particular general idea of what I want and it hasn't arrived yet. The idea is a mirrorless high resolution D6. In the meantime, I am pretty well covered in the f-mount. The only two lens that interests me that I don't have is the 19 PC.

What I am doing is buying a system of AIS lenses, with a few Ds thrown in. I only have 2-4 more to go. There will be a fast set and a small set. I will buy a couple of Zs this year to go with them. Perhaps a Z 6ii and Z 7ii or both. I would like to spend some time with those vintage lenses and focus peaking in the viewfinder will breath new life into my manual focus lenses.

Otherwise, I am in no hurry buying into Z, despite it being inevitable unless Nikon does not produce the body I imagine but Canon does.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    edited January 2021

It is a bit of a bother that shipments to Scotland are delayed because of the goings-on of the perpetually work-shy in England thinking people where stealing their jobs. Maybe they'll vote for English independence now if they really want to stand on their own feet, let the rest of us get back on track.

No blatant political rants on this forum @photobunny. The rules are above see 'IMPORTANT: FORUM RULES, POLICIES, HELP, USERS MAP and MORE ***MUST READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING***'
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.
  • photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 646Member

No blatant political rants on this forum @photobunny. The rules are above see 'IMPORTANT: FORUM RULES, POLICIES, HELP, USERS MAP and MORE ***MUST READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING***'
    I do apologise, emotions run high. I am waiting on around two dozen things to arrive from Europe and have had multiple friends and customers now loosing their businesses because of people in another country pulled us out of the European Union. It isn't right of me to paint them all with the same brush, it'll be a painful and bitter time while we are cut off from the EU, but not something that needs brought up here.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    The problem for Nikon is not how to get cameras into the EU but how to get them out .We have a trade deal with Japan so japan to UK should not be a problem but Thailand I am not so sure . The grey exporters dont seem to have a supply chain problem .
    I have also noticed on ebay that they are now showing vat at 20% on the invoice for some goods..not seen that before.
    None of this is good for camera prices in UK.