small problem with the AF in my NIKON Z6ii

hi guys .i shoot with Nikon D 850 and has acquired Nikon Z 6ii recently am sort of trying to get used to the mirrorless.in the Nikon D850 when the camera locks on to the subject ,in addition to the sound i see a circular spot at the bottom left which confirms the AF. in any mode i don't see the circular spot in the Nikon Z 6ii only the focus point turns green.am i to presume that the circular confirmatory spot doesn't exist or am i doing anything wrong
thanks for the help
captain srinivas

Comments

• PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    There is no green dot, the box turning green replaces that. It does not turn green in AF-C.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
    Just checked the manual No green dot.
  • i was talking about a big white circular circular dot i see in most of the dslrs.this is found at the bottom left.that was the conformation of AF .here in the Z6ii that white circular dot is missing and as you say there is the box which turns green after AF.is this the only confirmation??
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member

i was talking about a big white circular circular dot i see in most of the dslrs.this is found at the bottom left.that was the conformation of AF .here in the Z6ii that white circular dot is missing and as you say there is the box which turns green after AF.is this the only confirmation??

Yes correct and as stated it does not work in AF-C. I wish it did. There's very little reason to use AF-S on mirrorless IMO.