D850 9fps issues - UK ONLY

2»

Comments

• trolleytrolley Posts: 206Member
    Since I'm not in a desparate rush, I'm thinking of waiting to see if the Ex-Pro or DSTE come back into stock. I'm guessing it's in part due to the Suez/change in import VAT laws
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    Get MPB to put you on their notification list ..Not sure if camera jungle ( Jessops) do the same.
    I have done. The BL-5 arrived the other day (bought before July 1st so no probs), and whilst buying birthday presents on Amazon I appear to have got a DSTE EN-EL 18 :D
    So I now have 9fps - until the battery runs out!
    edited July 2021
    Well if you bid £65for the MH 26 in the last 10 sec like I said you would have outbid the other guy and paid £47..so did you get it ?

Glad to hear you won it ..the other guy must have bid £45 as his max.
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on
    And the minute you get one on ebay they have them in stock on Amazon !!
    Well, other than the camera never showing more than 80% charge in the battery, all's good.
    And some things I can live with
    did you do the calilbrate ? Never had a false reading with about 6 different brands.
    Only thing you will find is that the shot count in the battery will not re set to zero unless you are re charging from about 40%
    I pressed the calibration button but it didn't do anything :/
    edited July 2021
    If you are going to calibrate you need the battery well run down below 50% .fit to LH slot and press calibrate . If it does not do it then it does not need calibration ie balancing the charge in the individual cells.
    Do your EN EL 15 cells show 100% when put in the grip? If they do send the charger back (they pay postage)as faulty and buy one from amazon...You do seem to be unlucky with this .
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on
    edited July 2021
    Cheers for that. It was below 50% when I first charged it (I think), but I'll run it down & then try again. The EN-EL 15 I'm not sure about - I put the 2 batteries in when I first got the grip to make sure everything worked. I didn't take a lot of notice except to see that both showed power. I'll try & set it up later this week & see
    Post edited by trolley on
    So the DSTE has never charged above about 88%. I recently bought an EN EL-18 (allegedly genuine) on Fleabay. It charged to 99%, gave 9fps and is still not run down after 3 weeks.
    You pays your money etc