Nikon D7500

All or most of the web sites that i have visited online to buy a D7500 body have it listed as on order. Is this body still being produced by Nikon.
Tagged:

Comments

• mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
    Hard to say. It hasn't been officially discontinued but my guess is it is no longer in production.
  • DaveyJDaveyJ Posts: 1,090Member
    edited February 2022
    I use the D7500 MORE than any other F Mount camera now. I use it with the 200-500 F 5.6 lens exclusively. Our D500s are now mostly used in UW housings. B&H lists it as in stock as of Feb 14, 2022 as $997 body only. Thom Hogan rates that camera as highly recommended. I have owned two of them, both I bought with the 16-80 lens, which now i use on the D7200s. One of the D7500 and 16-80s got destroyed in a farm use accident. That is another reason I like DX cameras.....more reach to stay out of the way of hazardous equipment.
    Post edited by DaveyJ on
  • BradD7200BradD7200 Posts: 15Member
    Thankyou both for the feedback info.
  • bcmmikebcmmike Posts: 44Member
    A little late to the party....the 7500 is a great camera but very hard to get. The local store hasn't been able to get any new ones from Nikon for quite some time. Can't say if that means they are discontinued or not.
  • BradD7200BradD7200 Posts: 15Member
    edited February 2022
    I got lucky and managed to find a new one still in the box at a retailer called Vistek. I am already shooting with it, nice little rig. My D7200 is in for repair @Nikon Service Canada and will be good backup to have on trips.
    Post edited by BradD7200 on
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    I was hoping Nikon would give an update to the D7500 but I think we'd be lucky if Nikon even made a D500 successor.

On one hand I'd like to get a D7500 update, but on the other hand I'm tempted by mirrorless. Either way, I can shoot with quite a long time with my D7000 and the lenses I already have and I'm not in a rush to change camera bodies. Plus to fully take advantage of the newer body I'd be either forced to use the camera with an adapter or buy a new set of lenses.

So I'll just wait. I just wish Nikon was a bit more clear on how long they'll support the F-mount, but I don't think it's long for this world.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
    NSXTypeR said:

So I'll just wait. I just wish Nikon was a bit more clear on how long they'll support the F-mount, but I don't think it's long for this world.

Well I think they have been fairly clear, if you look at what they are doing. Yes it would be nice if they made an announcement but these companies don't like to do that for some reason.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    mhedges said:

NSXTypeR said:

Well I think they have been fairly clear, if you look at what they are doing. Yes it would be nice if they made an announcement but these companies don't like to do that for some reason.
    They don't do it because they know that nobody would buy all the old stock they are holding onto if they did. Simple as that.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • DaveyJDaveyJ Posts: 1,090Member
    edited April 2022
    My D7500 I use more than my other DSLRs. I do use the DX Z cameras more, always the Z fc with 16-50 now and Z 50 with the 50-250. I'd like a Z9 and as much as anything for the sensor shield. And it is by all accounts an AMAZING camera! I tried to order it the FIRST day it was announced but a hold on my credit card I could NOT deal with.....
    Post edited by DaveyJ on