Z9 Focus Options

pcassitypcassity Posts: 12Member
Just received my z9 a few days ago and I am trying to determine if it has the ability to recall a focal distance. I am finding that when I need to quickly shoot at infinity, such as in a BIF situation, often I am unable to locate the subject quickly enough to focus before the subject is out of range. Maybe there is another way to accomplish this? My 500pf lens has the focus recall feature which I find myself using very often in these types of situations.

Comments

• PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    I believe those features are limited to the lens in use.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 646Member
    Focus recall is usually only on the super tele lenses from what I recall. By default Zed cameras will return Zed lenses back to their default focus point but you can set it to keep the focus to where you left it last. Lenses that need focus preset are usually in the fast and very long category, for something like a 70-200 or 100-400 I usually zoom out to find the subject then zoom in once focus is locked.
  • DaveyJDaveyJ Posts: 1,090Member
    I have my Z 9 now and the 14-30 F4 lens. I have the 2.0 update on it now. Still not taking any photos and probably will log onto a few how to use the Z 9. It has a lot of features I am not sure how to use them for my case. I will use that wide angle f4 and the 100-400 Z S lens for now. Eventually I will get the 800 f 6.3 PF lens when I can afford to do that, and when I get enough photo ops to justify owning that. I have NO intention of using my F Mount glass on that camera, or on My Z 6 II or the DX Z cameras.