Nikon USA rebates October 2022

MrFotoFoolMrFotoFool Posts: 353Member
https://nikonrumors.com/2022/10/19/the-latest-nikon-rebates-for-october.aspx/

As linked above (from this site's home page), new rebates here in USA. (Sony also has rebates, some instant on single items and some mail-in if you buy two or more lenses). The D850 (which I still use) is $500 off, and the fact they still make it shows there must still be some demand for DSLR. The mirrorless bodies are on sale also, except for the one a lot of people would want on sale: Z9.

Comments

• NoXiNNoXiN Posts: 123Member
    made the leap and got a Z7 ii with the $200 off. Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it.
  • Capt_SpauldingCapt_Spaulding Posts: 729Member
    I'm tempted by the D850. However, given the (hopefully) imminent release of the Z7iii I'm going to hold off. It could be the 7iii will be 1. super seductive and 2. at a price point that makes it and an FTZ doable. If not, I'm going to bet the 850 will be around a bit longer.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    No complaints with my D850 Capt.
    Always learning.
  • MrFotoFoolMrFotoFool Posts: 353Member
    I still use two D850's and love them. The only mirrorless I might be interested in is Z9, but it's way beyond my budget. If I only had one D850 I might get another one on the current special.

(I should clarify that I do have a mirrorless Sony A74 that I bought at the beginning of the year for the sole purpose of using their stellar 200-600 lens. I love the lens but don't like the camera that much, so I am thinking of selling the setup and getting a lens like the Nikon 200-500.)
  • trolleytrolley Posts: 206Member

I still use two D850's and love them. The only mirrorless I might be interested in is Z9, but it's way beyond my budget. If I only had one D850 I might get another one on the current special.

(I should clarify that I do have a mirrorless Sony A74 that I bought at the beginning of the year for the sole purpose of using their stellar 200-600 lens. I love the lens but don't like the camera that much, so I am thinking of selling the setup and getting a lens like the Nikon 200-500.)

If you can do without the zoom I'd get the 500mm f5.6pf. The difference in handling and usability is night and day. Not that the 200-500 is bad, but the 500pf is just a league above
  • MrFotoFoolMrFotoFool Posts: 353Member
    trolley said:

If you can do without the zoom I'd get the 500mm f5.6pf. The difference in handling and usability is night and day. Not that the 200-500 is bad, but the 500pf is just a league above

I cannot do without a zoom. As a matter of fact I had the 500 f5.6 PF lens and sold it because I was tired of carrying a dual camera setup when I went out specifically for wildlife (500 plus 70-200). I needed a single lens solution, so I rented the Sony 200-600 and was so impressed by its sharpness that I bought one. I just wish there was an adapter to put my Sony lens on my Nikon F body!