Photoshop Elements Plus

MrFotoFoolMrFotoFool Posts: 353Member
Since I don't want to pay a monthly subscription for Lightroom or Photoshop CS, I use Photoshop Elements 2022 (one time purchase which I found on sale through Amazon). When I had a previous version I discovered Elements Plus, a third party plugin that only costs twelve bucks. It unlocks many of the features of the full version of Photoshop, which apparently are hidden inside Elements but Adobe does not install the buttons to access them. (At least that is how I understand it, though I could have the way it works incorrect). Elements Plus is specific to each version of Elements so I had to buy it again when I bought Elements 2022, but for twelve bucks who cares?

Just curious if anyone else uses Plus and if so what features you use. Up until now I have only used the Focus Stacking script (to blend images taken with the focus stacking feature in my D850 menu). However I just discovered online that is also does RAW lens corrections, which I am going to start experimenting with.

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I'm watching this for my own benefit...
    Always learning.
  • MrFotoFoolMrFotoFool Posts: 353Member
    As for RAW lens corrections, I found out it only fixes chromatic aberrations and vignetting (and not set up per specific lens, you have to adjust it manually). I was hoping it had built-in lens profiles to correct automatically for things like barrel distortion, but sadly that is not the case.
    Oh wow. That isn't good.
    Always learning.
  • Ton14Ton14 Posts: 698Member
    When Adobe went for a subscription and cloud services, I stopped it and switched to Capture One and Affinity. Although of course I had to put time into it, the learning curve was not too bad for me.

Meanwhile, I also purchased DxO Pure RAW, which has profiles of all my cameras and lenses, so my workflow has a run through this programme as the first step after import. Additional advantages here are, I no longer have noise in my photos and the photos from, for example my 40mm f/2, which is not a pro (S) lens, look like they were taken with a pro lens. Furthermore, I improve my old (Nikon D70 etc.) with it. It can be tested for free for 30 days.

PS. We have black Friday prices now, the time when I always bought my software.
    User Ton changed to Ton14, Google sign in did not work anymore
    Ton14 said:

...I also purchased DxO Pure RAW, which has profiles of all my cameras and lenses, so my workflow has a run through this programme as the first step after import...
    PS. We have black Friday prices now..

Thanks for the tip. I have the NIK Collection from DxO which I love (it is also on sale now for Black Friday almost half off). I just looked up DxO PureRaw2 on their site, with the Black Friday sale, and think I will grab it. Much appreciate the tip.
    How much did you pay during the Black Friday offer @MrFotoFool ?
    Always learning.

How much did you pay during the Black Friday offer @MrFotoFool ?

If I remember correctly is was 89 bucks.
    edited January 2023
    Thanks. I presume it is a download & does it then include full lens corrections?
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.

Thanks. I presume it is a download & does it then include full lens corrections?

Yes. However it does a bulk correction at once, which includes lens distortion, sharpening, noise reduction. I haven't altered the settings, but as far as I know there is no way to choose just one (for example lens distortion only with no other corrections). Some people don't like it for this reason because they want more control.
    One button? Sounds brilliant! :D
    Always learning.