Z8 Z7 iii Z6 iii Z5ii Z90 Zf

PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
edited September 2022 in Nikon Z cameras
Starts 6 min in.
Post edited by Pistnbroke on

Comments

• photobunnyphotobunny Posts: 648Member
    Its all fake sadly. Though the actors are all accounted for and it'll likely be in 2022/2023.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    edited September 2022
    seems a lot of trouble to go to to fake up all the Nikon listings and get a reputation for talking rubbish though perhaps he already has one .....
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on

seems a lot of trouble to go to to fake up all the Nikon listings and get a reputation for talking rubbish though perhaps he already has one .....

Well before his video was released it was known to be fake, and this particular YouTuber is rather notorious. However, from the roadmap I wouldn't say any of the actors are unexpected for 2022/2023. The guy that made his Wishlist here has rather tempered expectations.
  • DigNap15DigNap15 Posts: 2Member
    Like most Z6ii users, I am keen to see either a Z6iii or powerful Z6ii firmware update. I know we were not promised firmware updates, but it would be nice. I wonder if Nikon are waiting till they release the Z6iii?
    DigNap15 said:

Like most Z6ii users, I am keen to see either a Z6iii or powerful Z6ii firmware update. I know we were not promised firmware updates, but it would be nice. I wonder if Nikon are waiting till they release the Z6iii?

We are on about 4 major software updates for the Expeed 6. (Mind dual Expeed 6 is 100% + 100% at best, it is not 200%. Horizontal vs vertical scaling)

The whole line up really needs the Expeed 7 treatment. Right now Canon offer the R50 to the R5 which are all more compelling than the Z30 to Z7ii. It is time to update the whole lineup. I have Z50 style body to buy and a Z6 style body to buy. And it assuredly wont be ones without animal eye AF.

That Z50 style body is for my niece, for the same money the Canon R50 is a much easier and more modern camera for her to learn that is far more equivalent to my Z9(That she really prefers over the Z fc and Z6 because it is easier to use despite it being too big for her.) for subject tracking than the Z fc and Z6.
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 2,881Member
    Agree the most recent Canon bodies are ahead of the Z's (except the Z9) but I'm hopeful the next gen from Nikon turns that around. What can't be corrected so easily is the lens lineup and to me that's where Nikon has an advantage. RF has either very good but expensive high end lenses or inexpensive lenses that are generally mediocre at best. There's no middle ground. Also the fact that Z will have at least some 3rd party representation is a major plus over RF.