Need advice on D3100 and lens upgrade...

13»

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Hi JJ_SO: :-h

"Please, could you do me one favor? Instead of misinterpreting what I wrote to "I can see noise", just stick on the words I actually wrote - not on that what you thought I meant. I never said I can see noise in your pictures. For that they are just too small."

No offense meant and I wasn't talking you being able to see noise in my pics, but generally.

Are you talking about my images in your post above? I didn't shoot anything at 116 sec or 13 sec - the only image with Exif data is the bridge as the first is a stitch and the last I dunno (gone) but was about four seconds as it was held against a lamp post. I can't see any hot pixels, only lights ( :P ) - you will have to help me out there.
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.
  • JJ_SOJJ_SO Posts: 1,158Member
    No, my bad - I should have said I was comparing two night shots I did just before I posted and was too lazy to upload them - it seems to be common knowledge anyway that even in very long exposures low ISO doesn't make a shot as noisy as higher ISO (even it's only 3 f-stops).

In my pictures I do see some weird pixels but I'm currently not on my computer and will most probably forget to post the samples if I get a message from my dealer that little D7100 is missing a nice new home. :D
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I am struggling with NAS because of the D7100 at the moment......clean ISO6400.....Aaarrgh! >:)
    Always learning.
  • JJ_SOJJ_SO Posts: 1,158Member
    As I already postetd in the D7100 thread: You'd regret to buy the D7100. The D400 will be as clean as the D7100 but feel less plasticky, I'm sure.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    @ MikeGunter

OMG...I also have Gossen Luna Pro..from about the late 1960's....converted to the new batteries a year ago..
    Msmoto, mod
  • MikeGunterMikeGunter Posts: 543Member
    @ MikeGunter

OMG...I also have Gossen Luna Pro..from about the late 1960's....converted to the new batteries a year ago..
    Hi Msmoto,

My light meter is right next to my mousepad. I still use it, nearly every day. Old habits, like Bruce Willis, die hard.

My best,

Mike