Comments

• SkintBritSkintBrit Posts: 79Member
    edited January 2013
    I completely disagree with suggestion 30, to recommend such an option is in my opinion, irresponsible. Preventing this has saved my bacon on more than one occasion. Number 95 is a nice reminder though...... I never use that facility, choosing instead to use the menu item.
    Post edited by SkintBrit on
    D3s's D700 F100 / Trinity 2.8 Zooms & 1.4 Primes / 105 micro. SB900s with Pocket Wizard Flex TT5 / Mini TT1s. Camranger remote control system.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    @ RoryW:  Good article - I noted a couple of things down to investigate later.

Nikon could learn something about manual writing from these guys!
    Always learning.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited January 2013
    Manuals are written with two objectives, to give basic operation guidance, second a legal buffer against some complaints (such as, "I didn't know it could do that!!!" "But sir/madam, it is in the manual!")
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
    Sure, but it wouldn't hurt if it was designed to actually help customers use the kit without the struggle of 'the manual' would it?

HNY PB.
    Always learning.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    It would be nice, but then again all the authors of companion guides would be out of work. ;)
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
    Aye, true enough  $-)
    Always learning.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Overall probably quite helpful for all users.  But, hopefully any pro knows most of this stuff and has made a decision pro or con for the ideas. I will check to se if I embed the copyright as I cannot remember.   8-|
    Msmoto, mod
  • TigerTiger Posts: 7Member
    Nice article, even if there are some not so good and some not so bad points.

Actually, I have always thought that a good forum would collect tips and tricks sent in by the users of each camera type and turn them into some data base which would nicely supplement the manual. A huge task, I do admit, but it would be so useful ! :)
    Are you volunteering Tiger? :))
    Always learning.
  • TigerTiger Posts: 7Member
    I would if I wasn't so busy with the maintenance of old airplanes and the running of my warbird association :)