Aperture Add-Inns

KillerbobKillerbob Posts: 732Member
edited May 2013 in General Discussions
I am using Aperture ver. 3 for my workflow and minor post-editing. Aperture is a good package, it is easy to work with, and I have been using it for years. I have all pictures cataloged and all faces identified. Hence it would be a major pain to change to anything else.

Now I am starting to get into more serious post-editing though, and even though I have Photoshop CS6 I am really thinking it will be easiest to stay in Aperture. So I am looking for a good package of Add-Ins. Thus far I have the Nik Collection 1.007, and I am happy with it. I only have the Demo version, so need to decide if I will want to pay the USD145.

What add-ins, if any, are other Aperture users using?

Comments

• proudgeekproudgeek Posts: 1,422Member
    The NIK suite as an Aperture plug in is all I use. There are some plug ins for noise reduction and lens distortion compensation but I've never bothered.
  • JJ_SOJJ_SO Posts: 1,158Member
    I've the NIK package, PT-lens and maybe two others. I hardly use them. Most of the time I found them overkill, also the 200MB heavy D800 files when Aperture exports them as 16bit TIF are hardly worth the diskspace. I stick with non-destructible editing and there's a lot of possibilities to do in Aperture itself. Mostly I like the onboard-tools better.
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Post edited by Golf007sd on
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
  • KnockKnockKnockKnock Posts: 398Member
    NIK package + PT-lens for me too / it's a ton of power within the context of Aperture.
    D7100, D60, 35mm f/1.8 DX, 50mm f/1.4, 18-105mm DX, 18-55mm VR II, Sony RX-100 ii
  • CorrelliCorrelli Posts: 135Member
    I use the NIK package as well, but from the package I mostly use SilverEfex.
  • tganiatstganiats Posts: 131Member
    Love NIK...Viveza, Color Efx Pro, HDR Efx pro, etc. All of them.

Just played with DXO viewpoint. Free for a month. Like it so far.

I also like Perfect Layers (but only for a rare pict for fun)
  • KillerbobKillerbob Posts: 732Member
    I also installed DxO filmpack, and it is a fully working trial. but I just realised it is not possible to uninstall the package. I have a Mac, so anyone know how to get rid of it?
  • tganiatstganiats Posts: 131Member
    I am not sure, Killerbob.... I note the install package had a deinstall for the DxO ViewPoint
    edited May 2013
    Seems DxO didn't provide that for the FilmPack and there are no explanations on their webpages on where they put files. Supposedly to make it difficult to crack.

I have now submitted a support request, we'll see...
    Post edited by Killerbob on
    I got a message from DxO, and imagine my surprise when they gave me the whole list:

Basic program files are located at
    "/Application" and "/Library/Application Support/DxO Labs/fppv3" and "/Library/Preferences

Photoshop plugin files are located at:
    "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS3/DxO FilmPack"
    "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS4/DxO FilmPack"
    "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS5/DxO FilmPack"
    "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/Elements 9/DxO FilmPack"
    "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/Elements 10/DxO FilmPack"

Lightromm plugin files are located at:
    "/Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Export Presets/User Presets/DxO Labs/"
    "/Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets/DxO Labs/"
    "/Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/DxO-fppv3-32.lrplugin"
    "/Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/DxO-fppv3-64.lrplugin"

Aperture plugun:
    "/Users//Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/FPPv3AperturePlugin.ApertureEdit"

Presets and other data are located at
    "/Users//Documents/DxO FilmPack 3"

Very good service!