Step-up rings for the 1 Nikkor 10-30mm VR

VinceVince Posts: 3Member
edited May 2013 in Nikon 1
Hello everyone! Am just a newbie in this forum but have been shooting for around three years already. Anyways, I just want to ask your opinions regarding putting step-up rings on the 10-30mm kit lens.

I know that the 10-30mm has a 40.5mm filter size and I want to put in a 52mm step up ring to it to standardize it with the other filters that I currently have. Still, the availability of 40.5 to 52mm step-up rings are quite rare locally.

My concern is that will it vignette if I stack a 40.5 to 46mm step up ring, a 46mm to 52mm step up ring and a filter (CPL, ND) when I dial into the 10mm end?

Also, it got me thinking, when I do acquire a 40.5 to 52mm and dial it to the 10mm end with a filter on, will it vignette also?

Sorry for the newbie questions. It's because it's the first time I got a chance to get my hands on the CX format of Nikon.

Thank you so much in advanced for your insights regarding this.

Cheers! :)

Comments

• IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Why not mock it up with some gaffers tape? You can fold it back on itself lengthwise to create a sticky and non-sticky part, then wrap around the front of your lens. See how far you can go before it vignettes.
  • VinceVince Posts: 3Member
    Why not mock it up with some gaffers tape? You can fold it back on itself lengthwise to create a sticky and non-sticky part, then wrap around the front of your lens. See how far you can go before it vignettes.
    Sounds good! :) will try it out and see if it works :) thank you!