D-600 mirror lockup

Samjd3Samjd3 Posts: 2Member
edited May 2013 in Nikon DSLR cameras
Tried to lock mirror up according to manual to clean sensor going through menu setting, camera say's this function is not available as camera is setup at this time its not even highlighted in the menu what do I have setup wrong. Trying to clean dust or oil off of sensor but no luck in getting mirror up. Thanks Samjd3

Comments

• jimojimo Posts: 2,532Member
    The battery must have at least a 60% charge left on it before it will become available.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Yes, the instructions state to have a fully charged battery.
    Msmoto, mod
  • syn3rgysyn3rgy Posts: 22Member
    Yes, the instructions state to have a fully charged battery.
    That is correct, i had to put a full charged battery in mine to be able to lock the mirror up
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Same with D7000.
    Always learning.
  • Samjd3Samjd3 Posts: 2Member
    Thanks that was it battery wasn't charged enough still can't get some of the dust or what off the sensor going to bring it back to the dealer for a cleaning again 2 hours away. Nikon needs to come up with a fix for the dust oil issue that works spend this kind of money on a camera to have a dust oil problem is not good. Samjd3
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    edited May 2013
    @Sam, I would highly recommend in learning the process in cleaning your sensor yourself. We have talk about this process many times on this forum. Will save you lots of time and frustration. Please do a search to see some of our recommended procedures. Cheers...
    Post edited by Golf007sd on
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited June 2013
    @Samjd3

Try reading the thread on the D600 problems for more instructions.
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod