Regards

Rudolf
Post edited by adamz on

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I smell spam... [-X
    Always learning.
  • nikonlandnikonland Posts: 2Member
    Why spam ? I cannot put a whole test in this forum. :)
  • JJ_SOJJ_SO Posts: 1,158Member
    edited July 2013
    @Nikonland Maybe @spraynpray smells spam instead of welcoming you to this forum, because you started your first thread with a test and a link using google translator? Just guessing. And of course you can't put a whole test in this forum if it's written in Italian.
    Post edited by JJ_SO on
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Not spam, but a few images are NSFW. Great review and pics for a little jewel of a lens. Must resist NAS...
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    @nikonland: Welcome. In the future please do not link to site that have nude images. We have a diverse age group and thus some content many not be appropriate for their viewing.
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
    Nude images? Now you tell me... :\">
    :D
  • MeinradMeinrad Posts: 20Member
    Golf:

Quoting from the rules:
    5. Artistic nudity photos cannot be directly embedded to this forum. You are welcome to post a link to a photo that contains artistic nudity but the thread/post must be clearly labeled with NSFW (not safe for work). Please understand that this forum is accessed by many professionals from an office environment and some images could be offensive. For that reason members must be 18 years of age or older to join this forum, members under 18 years of age will need parental approval before joining this forum.

Maybe a link could have been left, maybe adding a warning?
    @Meinrad you mean a link instead of deleting the whole opening posting except a picture and regards of Rudolf? Very good point, thanks for pointing that out.

@Golf007sd the pictures were not embedded and to be found after you scroll down a lot and if somebody feels offended or has a problem with showing that on an office screen, at first saw a very mild nude and could stop immediately from them.

The "risk" of seeing eventually nude people is a bit higher, if I use one of the flickr links and go on to explore it, imho.

Being a fresh moderator doesn't mean, you have to delete the whole posting of a fresh member whatever his motivation has been to join here. Deleting the link and explaining why would have been sufficient in my eyes.
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    If you search for "nikon 1 32mm test nikonland" it's your first hit
    I know, I checked the link yesterday and then again because I wanted to see why a lens test has to be made with nudes - clickrate increase or italian habitude? Don't know. That bit I still don't understand. It's meant as portrait lens and used for portraits and one 3/4 body nude. All of them are nice and less offensive or seductive than any average Euorpean railway station newsstand is in that aspect.

I think, censoring that complete first part post was a tiny bit exaggerated and dragging more attention to it than necessary. But everybody learns by doing and the good thing is, @Golf007sd takes his volunteer job seriously :)
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    Please not that the following:
    [... the thread/post must be clearly labeled with NSFW (not safe for work).]

Do any of you see that indication in the content of his or her post? I did not and that is why I removed the link. Is getting someone reprimanded or in trouble at work or worse really worth the link being there?

In the future, I will take a different rout in addressing such matters...thank you all for your feedback.
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
    As I said, removing the link is no problem. You could replace it with a sentence like "link removed because of..." then it's clear for everybody what happened and that he or she didn't read the forum rules carefully before doing the first post. Now we have a post with a nice portrait and "regards, Rudolf" under it giving other people no clue what's this all about.

It's not to blame you Golf007sd, but maybe I'm not the only one who doesn't know all forum rules by heart. In that case replacing the link with a given reason right in the post would remind us. And the term "not safe for work" - well, now I understand it, but members are in all places of the world.
  • FlowtographyBerlinFlowtographyBerlin Posts: 477Member
    You could replace it with a sentence like "link removed because of..." then it's clear for everybody what happened and that he or she didn't read the forum rules carefully before doing the first post. Now we have a post with a nice portrait and "regards, Rudolf" under it giving other people no clue what's this all about.
    +1

I'm one of these people. As for:
    Please not that the following:
    [... the thread/post must be clearly labeled with NSFW (not safe for work).]

Do any of you see that indication in the content of his or her post? I did not and that is why I removed the link.
    You could have also just added that sentence instead of deleting parts of the post and thus making it practically pointless.

• adamzadamz Posts: 842Moderator
    edited August 2013
    As much as I would like to see the whole test please stick to the rules. If You want to post a link to test contact one of the mods or admin directly if no than post the test w/o links.

Golf007sd behaviour was more than appropriate. It smells and feels spam. Nikonland You should contact us before or post the test directly over here. Anyway I don't usually do it, but IMHO it's worth to see this test as it is well written and has some beautiful images (some might be considered NSFW - pity if Your boss will have something against as it's pure ART). Here's the link and remember don't visit if You don't like nude images or are underaged or will feel offensive with seeing naked body:
    http://www.nikonland.eu/forum/index.php?/page/indice.html/_/mondo-mirrorless/32-mm-di-gran-classe-test-del-nikon-1-32-mm-f-r385
    Post edited by adamz on
This discussion has been closed.