A bit of a moan

sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
edited September 2013 in General Discussions
Could I have a bit of moan ?

NRF seems to be getting of lot new members, whos only purpose in joining, seems to be to tell us, Nikon is a rubbish company and they are jumping ship to Cannon

The latest is supposedly from a wedding photographer, of 30 years, who buys a new camera and goes on Holiday, without even trying it first

Are these guys for real ?
Post edited by sevencrossing on

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I agree with you and I doubt that they are (for real). Unfortunately it seems there isn't a way to stop trolls and spammers until they have posted.
    Always learning.
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    some forums require your first few posts to approved by a Mod
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Sounds good - @Golf007sd @Msmoto?
    Always learning.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Moan.... this has been discussed and if our Admin is listening, possibly some 'qualification' for posting could be instituted. we have very little in the way of spam which hits the forum, but there is a lot of behind the scenes going ons to prevent this.

As to NRF, as all my work is pro bono...I do not qualify. Yet, I know a lot of photographers getting paid for their work who are NRF members, yet do not have a real grasp of quality.

So, I will moan once more.... 8-|
    Msmoto, mod
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited September 2013
    . we have very little in the way of spam which hits the forum,-|
    Correct but we do get what I would call flaming

flaming is not mentioned in the rules. some forums forbid it other actively promote it

I can only suggest if the admins want this forum to knock Nikon and Promote Cannon, then no action is needed

Post edited by sevencrossing on
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Yes, a few flamers are seen, recently I think, but we try to monitor those. And, on almost any forum, there is a certain percentage of those who are on the edge. IMO on NRF, we actually have a fairly civil group.

If there is a concern, send a PM to one of the mods and we will look more closely.
    Msmoto, mod
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    edited September 2013
    @sevencrossing. Having an open forum without question does bring in those few "moan" you are referring to. Don't lets such individual get to you...they are in most cases fly by nighters. They say a few things and off they go. I assure you this is not just within our forum, it happens to many other groups, not to mention manufactures of all kinds. As mods, we will take action as it is needed. I'm not in favor of silencing those without having a good reason.

Thank you for keeping an eye. It is members like yourself that make this community the jewel that it is for those that truly seek to expand their horizon in photography by using Nikon products.

In closing, this topic, though it does have validity, will be closed to hedge against unwanted words/noise/moan by those that feel they are unfairly being targeted.
    Post edited by Golf007sd on
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
This discussion has been closed.