Tascam DR-60D DSLR Sound Recorder

paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
edited November 2013 in Other Manufacturers
As anybody had any experience using this sound recorder, lots of information on the web, but would like first hand experience users.

Reports on the web seem good, I have committed to one, so if nobody knows I will let you know.

D4-Tascam_0005

Post edited by paulr on
Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits

Comments

• paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    Early tests show production level quality. Down side is the manual is twice the size of D4
  • autofocusautofocus Posts: 625Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm interested in what you come up with paul. I've recently taken on the challenge of video and just purchased the Sony wireless lavaliere system. Happy with the results but would like to be able to record more than one track at a time. A brief comment on what you are doing with it would be nice.
    Post edited by autofocus on
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    edited November 2013
    Autofocus,I have been using video cameras for several years, but with the development of DSLRs I moved in this direction. Sound is the only let down with DSLRs, The Tascam is designed for the DSLR user,It can take 4 inputs so you could have 4 independent mics working. Its a digital sound recorders subject to memory cards 64gGB is the biggest it will take. You can get AC adapter and extra battery packs if needed. Quality is very good and it will syncro with software like FCP X. Downside is you can only listen to your recordings with earphones or set it up with your camera or independent power speakers or your computer. The use of phantom mics greatly improve sound. They advertise it as simple to use, but it took me 2 days of manual reading to get my head round it.
    I use the D4 and the Tascam for interviews and video work in training and teaching in boxing , I have always found that video production is a great tool for any form of educational input and the flexibility of the DSLR allows for unfriendly location work due to size and choice of lenses.
    Post edited by paulr on
  • autofocusautofocus Posts: 625Member
    I just picked up the Tascam DR-40. Wow! lots to learn but ohh how nice the audio is from a dual source.