Nikon V3 Rumors

SymphoticSymphotic Posts: 711Member
edited March 2014 in Nikon 1
As a happy V1 user, I may well be all in on a V3 if the rumors are true. I use V1s in my lab with both the Nikkon 1 lenses and my FX lenses. I don't do weddings, but the Nikon 1 works well for industrial photography. For field work I use the D800, but in the lab the high speed video and quick setup of the V1 is a money maker. I'll probably buy the viewfinder.
CLS will be a great help. I hope they keep the high speed video mode.
Post edited by Symphotic on
Jack Roberts
"Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy

Comments

• henrik1963henrik1963 Posts: 567Member
    I hope they include an EVF. That is the whole point with the V line.
  • manhattanboymanhattanboy Posts: 1,003Member
    the high speed video and quick setup of the V1 is a money maker. I'll probably buy the viewfinder.
    I'm actually a little disappointed with the video. It does not have the hand shake correction that would make it really useful for taking videos on the spur of the moment.
    I hope they include an EVF. That is the whole point with the V line.
    Me too! I would not have bought the V1 if it weren't for the viewfinder. Its useless for sports but what EVF isn't.

• SymphoticSymphotic Posts: 711Member
    edited March 2014
    ...I'm actually a little disappointed with the video. It does not have the hand shake correction that would make it really useful for taking videos on the spur of the moment. ...
    I hear you! But it is impossible to use the high speed video handheld anyway, and to record rapid processes 400 and 1200 fps can't be beat without spending a lot more money.

Rumor has it that the EVF is an option, which I will need. If the EVF fits in a standard flash mount, and I need the flash mount to run CLS, it will be a bother. An internal flash that can work in commander mode would be great as long as I can mount the EVF.
    Post edited by Symphotic on
    Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy
  • JuergenJuergen Posts: 315Member
    I hope they will bring back the interval timer, which shall go down to one second intervals. The V 1 had it, the V2 and AW1 doesn't. If you want to do time laps without putting too many clicks on your DSLR, the Nikon 1 would be the way to go.
    D4, D800E, Nikon 1 J2, 600 f/4, trinity, PC-E 45, PC-E 24, 105, 50 f/1,8g, 85 f/1,4, Sigma 150-500
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    Whats happened to the new Nikon V3 Cannot find one seller who is offering the EVF and grip /lens deal just the camera is being offered. Do Nikon have a problem with the EVF?
    Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited May 2014
    IIRC Nikon did put a recall on the EVF in Japan. Not sure if it was available beyond Japan before the recall went out.
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.