d7100 or d610?

2»

Comments

• PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    And would weigh 100 pounds. :D
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    I have not used a D610 but many reviews suggest the focusing is not as good as the D800

for me, the important thing about a good photograph is capturing "the decisive moment"

and this means fast accurate focusing and the D800 excels at this

I have never found shutter nose an issue

• donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,675Member
    Yes, I agree the D800 focuses faster and more accurately. This isn't a real hindrance for landscape or studio work but it is for subjects in motion.
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited March 2014
    I just got a D610 .. I am sure as many people say that the D7100 and the D800 focuses faster and more accurately.. but I am seeing very good AF performance .. so what if its 95% of a D800 .. 99% of the time it wont make much difference..
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited March 2014
    And, cost over a $Million….

We luv typos on NRF….
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • manhattanboymanhattanboy Posts: 1,003Member
    I just got a D610 .. I am sure as many people say that the D7100 and the D800 focuses faster and more accurately.. but I am seeing very good AF performance .. so what if its 95% of a D800 .. 99% of the time it wont make much difference..
    Don't fret about the autofocus. I am shooting a full frame camera currently with only one crosstype sensor and sadly my keeper rate is at least as good if not better than the 7100 and its 56 AF points. I said it in another thread, but the lenses used make a huge difference. Be glad you saved the cost difference and use it for the professional 2.8 lenses that will get you better results anyway.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Oops! I meant 50 :\"> - but then you knew that! :))
    Always learning.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited March 2014
    kiekie asked:

I am 17 and looking in to a new camera I have the nikon d5100 but im wanting something new now and looking to go in to photojournalism and i am studying photography in college

- See more at: http://forum.nikonrumors.com/discussion/2568/nikon-d610-or-d7100#sthash.873ozbqO.dpuf
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited March 2014
    kiekie asked:

I am 17 and looking in to a new camera I have the nikon d5100 but im wanting something new now and looking to go in to photojournalism and i am studying photography in college

This question is now in the middle of the thread
    andithegirl the OP
    had a slightly different question
    I am the only person who feels, having your first thread closed a little off putting?
    -
    Post edited by sevencrossing on