Nikon D800 Focus Problem

alanhlialanhli Posts: 3Member
edited March 2014 in Nikon DSLR cameras
past 2 month i brough 2 new lens! 85mm f1.4g and 35mm f1.4g. and i find that is impossible to focus @f1.4 to f2 ! it seem like it back focus. finally i brought the Lens chart to calibrate the lens i find out that even i am at +20 i still got little bit of back focus, include my 24-70, 14-24 , 70-200, any body have an d800 have this problem?

Comments

• PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    It has happened to people before. Your best bet is to send the camera and lenses into Nikon for calibration.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • alanhlialanhli Posts: 3Member
    ok thanks i guess i have to do that! since i am gonig to invest all 1.4 lens
  • Vipmediastar_JZVipmediastar_JZ Posts: 1,708Member
    if you are in the us contact nikonusa and open a ticket. they will ask for photos for evaluation. I just did that with my d800 and they said to send it in. My problem is random. It fails to focus once in a while therefore i hesitated to send it out but send it while it is in under warranty.
    I did get the extended warranty and I'm covered but don't wait on it.
  • alanhlialanhli Posts: 3Member
    i am @ canada just called nikon canada and they ask me to send it! luckyly just 1/2 hour drive i hope they can fix it! or i will switch back to canon
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Good plan, because Canon never back focuses.
  • mauryrmauryr Posts: 5Member
    I had exactly the same problem. Sent my D800 and 3 lenses to Nikon. All came perfect with zero focus issues
  • Rx4PhotoRx4Photo Posts: 1,200Member
    Same as above....I sent my D800 with the 85mm f/1.4G to Nikon USA for adjustment and now it's tack sharp with no adjustments. My other lenses need a bit of AF-fine tuning. Insurance to send those 2 items was enough $. I wouldn't want to send all that gear in together with the weight and value of it all. Depends on how much you're willing to spend I guess. Of all of them the one lens that I would hold back on in is the 14-24mm ultrawide. It's likely the sharpest of them all without any adjustments and once the camera is returned then maybe try to AF fine tune it yourslf. My opinion only, others may differ.
    D800 | D7000 | Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 | 24-70mm f/2.8 | 70-200mm f/2.8 | 35mm f/1.8G | 85mm f/1.4G | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art | Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art | Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM | Zeiss 100mm Makro-Planar ZF.2 | Flash controllers: Phottix Odin TTL