ViewNX 2 won't start when I connect my D3200

Pieter_BPieter_B Posts: 3Member
edited April 2014 in D3x00
Hello
since the last update of my Win7 OS, ViewNX2 won't start automatically when I connect my D3200
When I connect the camera I hear a 'pling' and in My Computer there is an icon with D3200 as a name.
And when I click on that icon I can access the SDcard.
Starting ViewNX2 manually all is OK, but before the update it was launched automatically.
And I'd like this behaviour back again.

Is there a solution for this phenomenon?

best regards Pieter

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Don't use ViewNX2, but with Lightroom, you can set it to do that under preferences.
    Always learning.
  • Pieter_BPieter_B Posts: 3Member
    edited April 2014
    Can I configure Lightroom so that it uses the same directory al ViewNX2?
    Post edited by Pieter_B on
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    All you need to do is make sure that ViewNX2 is setup to launch when a camera is connected. Unless you really need the features of Lightroom don't bother getting it.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    edited April 2014
    After you plug the camera in, right-click on the icon in "My Computer" and look for preferences or other options to automatically start NX2 when that device appears. You can also try re-installing View NX2.

Edit:
    Follow these steps:

Open AutoPlay by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type autoplay, and then click AutoPlay.

To never see the AutoPlay dialog box, select Take no action next to the device or disc. To choose an action each time you plug in a device or insert a disc, select Ask me every time. To have a program open automatically each time, select the program.

Click Save.

You would need to make sure you camera is plugged in when you do this and associate NX2 with that device to launch automatically.
    Post edited by Ironheart on
  • blandbland Posts: 812Member
    I'm one that uses NX2 to download all my pictures, mainly because the pictures show up big in NX2 and I can go through them in a hurry choosing which ones I want and then transfer the keepers to LR.

I can't get them to download automatically anymore, so I just click on Transfer in NX2 and the pictures download great.

• Pieter_BPieter_B Posts: 3Member
    edited April 2014
    Re installation of NX2 didn't do the trick.
    I guess it has something to do with the device driver.
    Afterall that piece of software has to detect the camera and take apropriate action.
    But how do you refresh the device driver in W7?
    Post edited by Pieter_B on
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Did you try the auto play stuff I suggested above?
  • Newbie here -- don't mean to butt in but I'm having a similar problem with my D3100 as View NX2 will not find the camera to Transfer the pics over to computer. Win 7 finds them and so does Irfanview but NX2 won't. It used to work so good but I don't know what changed or happened to it. Any help would be appreciated on this. Is there a USB setting in the camera or is that on Win 7??