If selling a Nikon on Ebay can we post a link to it here?

framerframer Posts: 491Member
edited June 2014 in Nikon DSLR cameras
I'm currently got an F6 on Ebay and was wondering if it's ok to post the link to the auction.

framer

Comments

• PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    I'm guessing that this would fall under rule #6 of the forum.
    6. Spam / Commercial advertisement is not allowed. Very simple rule - accounts will be deleted without notice, no exceptions. If your first post is spam, your account will be permanently deleted.
    While you might not be a commerical entity yourself, eBay is.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • framerframer Posts: 491Member
    Any Mods or Admin views as those are the one's that count.

Thanks
    framer
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Peter posts links to eBay stuff on the main blog all of the time. I think the rule is to prevent a new member from joining and having their first post be a "for sale" post, with prices, and contact info right there. I think a tasteful post with a link to eBay or whatever and saying PM me for more info should be fine.

I think the commercial advertisement shouldn't prevent a member in good standing from letting folks know they are selling a used camera. If they are in the business of selling cameras, that would be a commercial advertisement.
    Post edited by Ironheart on
  • Golf007sdGolf007sd Posts: 2,840Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Framar send a PM to Admin and let see which direction he wants to go.

Cheers...

Ohh and for a got haha...have a look at this ebay listing.
    Post edited by Golf007sd on
    D4 & D7000 | Nikon Holy Trinity Set + 105 2.8 Mico + 200 F2 VR II | 300 2.8G VR II, 10.5 Fish-eye, 24 & 50 1.4G, 35 & 85 1.8G, 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR I SB-400 & 700 | TC 1.4E III, 1.7 & 2.0E III, 1.7 | Sigma 35 & 50 1.4 DG HSM | RRS Ballhead & Tripods Gear | Gitzo Monopod | Lowepro Gear | HDR via Promote Control System |
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,675Member
    I would like to see a for sale section.
  • proudgeekproudgeek Posts: 1,422Member
    It seems like a natural thing to have an NRF marketplace.
  • flight3flight3 Posts: 379Member
    It definitely makes sense for good/long standing members to be able to post that stuff.
    Nikon D3100, 18-55mm VR, 50mm 1.8D, Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 OS, Yongnuo YN-560 II Speedlight Flash www.dreshad.com
  • TaoTeJaredTaoTeJared Posts: 1,306Member
    I have seen many forums get ruined from having market places / classified postings. A lot can go very wrong, very quickly, and spill over into the forums.

The only thing I have seen done well is something along the lines of a thread that is closed each month and people can only post links to ebay with just the item name/s, with No descriptions, no photos, And NO Comments Or questions on any of the items. Just links. Anything other than that becomes a moderator hell.

Example:
    Nikon 6mm F/2.8 Nikkor AI-s Fish-eye Lens

Just my 2-cents.
    D800, D300, D50(ir converted), FujiX100, Canon G11, Olympus TG2. Nikon lenses - 24mm 2.8, 35mm 1.8, (5 in all)50mm, 60mm, 85mm 1.8, 105vr, 105 f2.5, 180mm 2.8, 70-200vr1, 24-120vr f4. Tokina 12-24mm, 16-28mm, 28-70mm (angenieux design), 300mm f2.8. Sigma 15mm fisheye. Voigtlander R2 (olive) & R2a, Voigt 35mm 2.5, Zeiss 50mm f/2, Leica 90mm f/4. I know I missed something...
  • madm002madm002 Posts: 4Member
    I understand why you would not want commercial posts, but let me offer this idea. I frequently have to sell cameras at a fire sale price to move inventory. I would prefer to deal with this type of forum, than the jungle that Ebay has become. This type of post could be a very good deal to people on this forum.
  • kenadamskenadams Posts: 222Member
    I used to hang out on a costume prop forum. Among postings of insanely designed and engineered stuff that would leave any hollywood prop pro gaping, a lot of posts were about how X ripped off Y and didn't return messages, starting off a flame war. There was a shitload of money involved (full suits get expensive *fast*), so it wasn't about peanuts. This here forum might even top that off, money-wise, as cameras are expensive too.

So I vote against. It was a royal pain in the ass to see how both narcissism and endless dispute over financial compensation killed this place.
  • AdeAde Posts: 1,071Member
    Numerous popular photo forums have buy & sell sections which work very well. Nikonians, Fotozone, Fred Miranda, Luminous Landscape, etc., etc. Even dpreview has a for sale / wanted section.

On the flip side, do we really need yet another marketplace?

Also, eBay auction sales are generally a big no-no even on forums with buy & sell sections. There's too much temptation to shill & drive auction prices up.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    edited June 2014
    This has been tried in the past without success. Always the issue of fraud arises when we have spammers who drop in, advertise, then do not deliver the goods, or the item is defective.

There are many marketplaces on the internet. Also, we have several fine sponsors who will take items in trade. I prefer to purchase from a reliable source, or on a personal basis…. like the D800E I am purchasing on Monday….. :D
    Post edited by Msmoto on
    Msmoto, mod
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    Congrats on the new D800E Msmoto. Looking forward to seeing your photos on PAD.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |