Do Nikon or any one else, currenty make any BAD lenses??

124»

Comments

• Oh him, I 'am Dutch and already forgotten him, but that is funny.

A long time ago I copied the profile he uses, in my camera. You should try that, but make a backup of your own profile first, because you set that back very quick.

Most reviews I read are via the - Dutch Nikon Club (Nikon Club Nederland) - for about the 25 years that the club exist, most of them are Dutch reviewers, sometimes others, but KR is not one of them.
    Those who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those doing it!
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I am surprised by that Ton, as most of his ideas are double-dutch to me! :))
    Always learning.
  • Aauw, too easy this one :)
    Those who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those doing it!
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited July 2014
    from KR web site

This 35-70mm f/2.8 AF-D was Nikon's flagship professional midrange zoom of the 1990s, and has pretty much the same optical performance as the newest 24-70mm f/2.8 AFS, with a lot less size, weight and cost.
    As usual what KR has to say is just outright wrong (I used to own the 35-70mm F2.8 as well).
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • WestEndBoyWestEndBoy Posts: 1,456Member
    edited July 2014
    As with anything you read on the internet, you have to be careful to accept everything at face value. I found KR's comments about my 3 manual focus lenses to be essentially correct after I fooled around with them. Hell, I didn't even know that the 20 and 28 were still in production before I read his site. Only the 50 1.2 is on the Canadian website, but B&H carries them all (there is a 24 and 35 too).

Even some of the stuff you read on this forum is outright wrong. However, there is a healthy debate which promotes better accuracy.

It is important to find collaborating evidence from multiple sources if you can ill afford the cost of a mistake.
    Post edited by WestEndBoy on
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member

It is important to find collaborating evidence from multiple sources is you can ill afford the cost of a mistake.
    Indeed. That said, the only time I visit KR's site is when there are no other sources of information. Why? Because experience has shown me that he an unreliable source, more often than not.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • WestEndBoyWestEndBoy Posts: 1,456Member
    Hmmm........I think his issue is more subtle than that, but still dangerous for a newbie.

I think that he shoots with a certain style/philosophy, assumes it is appropriate for all of his readers and does not disclose his bias.

Probably fine for most casual DSLR shooters with 2 or 3 lenses, but not all. Not to mention shooters aspiring to be better.......