I AM ADVANCING What do you want?

13»

Comments

• neostylesneostyles Posts: 8Member
    edited January 2015
    Give us focus peaking nikon! And i would love to be able to punch in while recording to verify focus! How about no time limits on video recording!
    Post edited by neostyles on
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Give us a raw histogram that builds during exposure in bulb mode!

I am begining to fear this is all bulls**t anyway - no sign of it at all... :-(
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.
  • HammieHammie Posts: 258Member
    I think Nikon has been distracted with this D750 fix.

I would think that they would was a little positive attention and this firmware announcement would be good.

However, I fear that they are a little afraid of doing this in the chance that it may brick some cameras. That being said, the influx of D750 fixes would put a damper on fixing any firmware bricking cases.
  • Parke1953Parke1953 Posts: 456Member
    I just don't see how the D750 problem would have any effect on the firmware update. They are to different worlds in Nikon. I would think those doing software don't pick up tools and work on cameras. But I don't know with all the cut backs these days maybe they do.
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,745Member
    No time limits on recording would exclude Nikon from the European market. Anything over 20 minutes and it is a video camera with massive duties.

Maybe than can make two models?
  • Parke1953Parke1953 Posts: 456Member
    I guess this was a joke. :-((
  • kyoshinikonkyoshinikon Posts: 411Member
    you cant get a Us warranty on a foreign body and vice versa. It would be nice to have an unlimited duration firmware setting for US or markets without legal problems.

Focus peaking would be nice. I still want a dedicated button to allow Starring and a wireless keyboard input. Editing metadata on the field would save me much time.
    “To photograph is to hold one’s breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It’s at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy.” - Bresson
    Starting to look like a joke but face detect af on the d600?
  • luigi454luigi454 Posts: 13Member
    anyone even know when this firmware update is going to be announced?
  • INaINa Posts: 8Member
    I would also like the whole bracket set to complete with just one press of the shutter button a la Canon.
    No problem on Nikon as well…
    Go to Custom Setting Menu -> c3 Self-timer and in “Number of shots” set 2.
    Then in the self-timer mode you will shoot all the bracket set with just one press of the shutter button…
    I know, sounds strange, but it works… (at least on D800)

• PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    My opinion, I really don't want to pay for firmware updates after 3 years based upon history of their updates. If they are talking about new features, then I would reconsider. Thought it was a good question to ask.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
    edited March 2015
    So was nikon just ****ing with us? Its been over a month since there was supposed to be an announcement.
    You would have thought it would have been announced by now, wouldn't you? Somebody was screwing with us, maybe not Nikon. It is looking like a hoax which is a big shame because I really wanted that RAW histogram.
    Always learning.
  • vagalamvagalam Posts: 1Member
    edited March 2015
    I joined up with the lament about the lack of consideration of Nikon. I really want this RAW histogram, I really want a usable Wireless Mobile Utility app with the D600 (this app is a shame, Nikon fall at the level of a dark Chinese company).
    Post edited by vagalam on
    edited March 2015
    Its funny because you can get the same raw histogram in the $800 a6000.. I dont understand why nikon leaves these things out of their cameras. The d600 is a pro level (or atleast semi pro) yet they left out a lot of features that pro would need.
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,745Member
    Its funny because you can get the same raw histogram in the $800 a6000.. I dont understand why nikon leaves these things out of their cameras. The d600 is a pro level (or atleast semi pro) yet they left out a lot of features that pro would need.
    I would not call it a pro camera, but a high end enthusiast.
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    I don't think any of the Nikon cameras have a raw histogram, so it's not like they left it out of the d600.
    All the secrecy bugs me. They should publish a road map and be done. At least we would know for sure if it is a hoax, AND could see the D400 coming... :))
    Always learning.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    All those who are requesting something like a RAW histogram, please give us some of your work on PAD in accordance with the Forum Rules. Then we can see your work, and you can explain how this would be improved by a RAW histogram.

Msmoto, mod
    I can explain it without pictures Tommie. When I ETTR I have to guess the amount that the jpeg highlights blink but can still be recovered from the RAW file in post (as they always blink before the optimum exposure is reached). Having a histogram that is derived from the RAW data would avoid the guesswork.
    Always learning.