My D5200 has developed a problem, every time I turn it on I get the error message "This memory card cannot be used. Card may be damaged Insert another card." I have tried multiple memory cards in the camera and tested them on another camera to ensure that they work but the message still shows. I followed following instructions from Nikon but problem still remain.
1. Remove battery, Memory card, and lens for about 30 seconds
2. Reinsert just the lens and the battery, power the camera on
ensure you are using an approved card: Answer Title: Approved SD cards for D5200 Answer Link:https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18424
3. The camera settings can be restored to default values by holding the "Menu" and "i" buttons down together for more than two seconds
(these buttons are marked by a green dot). The information display turns off briefly while settings are reset.
4. Hit the menu button and select custom setting menu
5. Select "F" for controls and then "F4" labels " Slot empty release lock"
6. Highlight "Enable release"
7. Test camera with no card/ then reinsert the card and try again
After this I am able to take pictures in demo mode but sd card still gives error.
I bought this 1 and half year ago from US. I am in canada and Nikon wants me to send it to USA and will cost 400+ bucks. This is just too much for me. Can someone please suggest how to fix this?