More Praise for Nikon

2»

Comments

• IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    You can also tether or wifi to an external device. That will give you all the articulation you need. Ditch the Sony now while it still has residual value ;-)
  • funtagraphfuntagraph Posts: 265Member
    edited May 2015
    The right angle eye-piece is no substitute for an articulated screen: No live-view enlargement, plus the head needs to stay close to the camera and in some situations that's just not possible. Side view direction only rectangular, a tilt/swivel screen has a lot more angles and therefore a lot more use.

I could recommend a CamRanger, but that has even more downsides. Cable, always empty batteries if I don't remove it after using, extra iPad/iPod or iPhone to take with me and no save place of the transmitter on the camera. Plus the cables they deliver are the cheapest China chunk on the market. CamRanger is a good example of not thinking to the end.

Well, there's still the comfort: even if Nikon would have put a more versatile screen behind the D810, there's still the much longer delay when actuating the shutter. I guess the Sony always releases very quickly when in LV (which is all the time)
    Post edited by funtagraph on
  • CaMeRaQuEsTCaMeRaQuEsT Posts: 357Member
    In Nikonland, only when you can't afford to buy more than the entry level DSLR series do you need to compromise and not get the full 14bit RAW files, whereas in Sonyland it's 12bit RAW all the way no matter how much you pay for their cameras.
  • MaxBerlinMaxBerlin Posts: 86Member

Nikon perfection.
    My non-commercial blog:

https://sonyvnikon.wordpress.com/
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    D5300 no mate go the extra mile to a ~D7200
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited July 2015
    I know Dxo is not the be all and end all

but overall, the Nikon D810 scores higher than the Canon 5DS or the Sony a7R.
    Post edited by sevencrossing on