Wide-angle Lens Upgrade Suggestions

13»

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    The OP opted for the Sigma 17-50 OS so it is an ultra-wide he is looking for advice on not a normal/wide.
    Are you clairvoyant? The last I saw, the OP was leaning towards the Tokina 11-16 :-/ assuming the OP is @No_Orchestra
    In any event the 17-50 is a normal wide on DX, considering it is a DX lens. Or am I missing something ^#(^
    This is an example of a 'multi-OP' thread Ironheart! I meant the OP of the last question who posted:
    @spraynpray Thank you for your input. I've been mulling this over for a while. I opted for the Sigma 17-50 OS over the Nikon 17-55 and it's a great lens. So it seems that although 11-16 is a limited focal length range, it would fit in perfectly up to the 17-50. With the added benefit of being able to share my 77mm filters.
    For some silly reason, it took me a while to come to that choice between the Sigma and the Nikon because I have a hard time with buying 3rd party lenses. Now to add a second one from yet another manufacturer? Like I said, I know it's silly. All that should matter really is results.
    Thanks again for your input.
    Always learning.
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Okay, I interpret OP as Original Poster, perhaps we should invent the term LP for last or latest poster ;) or be explicit, which I agree is a pain sometimes :-S :)>-
    Good idea.
    Always learning.
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    edited June 2015
    , perhaps we should invent the term LP for last or latest poster ;) or be explicit, which I agree is a pain sometimes :-S :)>-
    The LP will keep changing
    so we need to be clear who we are referring to
    No need to quote then whole post

Just

...@spraynpray ...

Post edited by sevencrossing on
    edited June 2015
    True, quoting or using the @ notifies the person concerned that they have been mentioned so using the @ symbol like '@sevencrossing said:' is better.
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.