Nikon still # 1

2»

Comments

• WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member
    http://www.dxo.com/us/company
    "For well over a decade, the scientists and engineers at DxO have been advancing the way the world takes photographs. Headquartered in Paris and San Francisco, we also have offices in Taiwan, Japan and Korea."

I will note that their trademarks are in France and their patents are in the US.

The bigger crime is those damn electrical receptacles you Brits insist upon using. :))
    And the bureaucrats. In the late 90s they refused to hand check my film and then cranked up the x-ray machine just to make their point - making a big show of actually doing it so that they could ensure that everything was double checked. Even my ISO 100 film was foggy and unusable. That was right after the custom office where they gave me the form to fill out my VAT refund and then told me to put the envelope in the receptacle in the box next to their booth. It dawned on me after they started laughing that it was a Royal Mail box, not the "custom box" and with no stamp, I was not going to get my VAT refund. The 100 minute line through customs at Narita is a walk in the park by comparison.
  • nukuEX2nukuEX2 Posts: 178Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm just beside myself when I saw that my new $1200 D7200 was measured better than Canon's $3500 5D Mk.III but How can that be right? 5D series is FF and the D7200 is APS-C How can FF camera lose to the APS-C camera? Is Canon that sloppy? Assuming that Digic is comparable to Expeed and DXO isn't bias towards Nikon, Then what is going on at Canon?
    Post edited by nukuEX2 on
    D7200, 40mm Micro Nikkor f2.8, Lowepro AW Hatchback 16,
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited July 2015
    The Canon looses due to inferior dynamic range more than anything else. Canon has not been able to develop a sensor that can match Sony and Toshiba's current run of CMOS sensors in that area. You don't need to go to DxO Mark to figure that out, just play with the RAW files.
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
    While dynamic range is really nice to have, I would still pick a system based on lenses. Those attributes will exist for a generation (human). In another camera generation, Canon may make better sensors.
  • MaxBerlinMaxBerlin Posts: 86Member
    Worst thing about the British is their lousy 4th of July celebrations.

It's like they don't even observe it at all.
    My non-commercial blog:

https://sonyvnikon.wordpress.com/
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Why? What happened on the 4th July? :D Are you on the right thread @MaxBerlin?
    Post edited by spraynpray on
    Always learning.
  • MaxBerlinMaxBerlin Posts: 86Member
    :D - following up on the British jokes in thread.
    My non-commercial blog:

https://sonyvnikon.wordpress.com/
    I wasn't joking. It was a real experience.