Forum software update

2»

Comments

• NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member
    I am sure Peter has been busy working out the bugs,, but the flat white everywhere hurts my eyes because I am only working by the light of my screen and backlit keyboard.....
    If you're on Mac, you can try reversing background colors. Go to keyboard shortcuts, and look for invert colors. Hit ctrl, option, cmd, 8 all at once.

You reverse all the colors and white becomes black and vice versa. Really helpful for text heavy websites with white backgrounds.

Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    I am sure Peter has been busy working out the bugs,, but the flat white everywhere hurts my eyes because I am only working by the light of my screen and backlit keyboard.....
    If you are using a monitor in the dark, the brightness should be at 50% brightness or less. Probably way less... In any event it would be good to work with Peter, after the dust settles on the upgrade, to see if the forum software will support themes, or at least the ability to have a dark background. I think @FlowtographyBerlin had figured out a way to use a custom CSS to change the background and text colors. I can probably dig that out and try it on the new forum.
  • Flash800Flash800 Posts: 148Member
    So is the +/- Gone??? or is it coming back? This was a big part of my enjoyment of the forum. I would miss it :-(
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,745Member
    What about the blog?
  • What @ironheart mentioned is this thing you can install in any browser as a plugin (e.g., for Safari, Stylish is one of those plugins) and then set your own CSS extensions. It's somehow advanced, though, as you have to know a bit of HTML and CSS to use it.

I guess my old CSS that I posted back in that other discussion won't work in this case, because the HTML tags have changed (the paragraphs in a CSS refer to certain names of a HTML page).
  • PeterPeter Posts: 178Administrator
    Peter, can we get a link back to the main blog? Essentially the header that was on the old forum, so we can get to photorumors, Leica, etc...
    Yes, definitely.
    admin | nikonrumors.com
    On Android, the thread pages are all in black so it is not possible to see which page is the current one.
    I think the old version is cached in your browser. Try to clear your browser's cache and try again.
    admin | nikonrumors.com
    I will add some black - will try to make it as close as possible to the previous design.

admin | nikonrumors.com
    So is the +/- Gone??? or is it coming back? This was a big part of my enjoyment of the forum. I would miss it :-(
    I am not sure what happened to that, will check.
    admin | nikonrumors.com
    sorry that I could not make all the changes at once - it will take me few more days to catch up with everything I want to do on forum
    admin | nikonrumors.com
  • Flash800Flash800 Posts: 148Member
    Thank You Peter....
  • Parke1953Parke1953 Posts: 456Member
    It's looking better every day. Good job. Thanks. Take a break and have a cup of ~O)
  • dissentdissent Posts: 1,341Member
    We appreciate your continued efforts Peter. Thanks!
    - Ian . . . [D7000, D7100; Nikon glass: 35 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 70-300 VR, 105 f2.8 VR, 12-24 f4; 16-85 VR, 300 f4D, 14E-II TC, SB-400, SB-700 . . . and still plenty of ignorance]
  • PierrePierre Posts: 360Member
    P
    On Android, the thread pages are all in black so it is not possible to see which page is the current one.
    I think the old version is cached in your browser. Try to clear your browser's cache and try again.
    Hi Peter. Thanks for the good work.
    When I look at the page in desktop mode I see a color difference in the current page number but not if looking at it in the mobile mode even after clearing the cache.
  • bald_eaglebald_eagle Posts: 104Member
    Looking great Peter!! Thanks for all your hard work
    Baldy. ;)
  • SnowleopardSnowleopard Posts: 244Member
    woah, the theme is like half and half.... :-) cleared cache and cookies, and it is still like weird.... :-)
    ||COOLPIX 5000|●|D70|●|D700|●|D810|●|AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED|●|AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D|●|AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D|●|AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G|●|AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D|●|AF-S Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED|●|AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED (Silver)|●|AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III|●|PB-6 Bellows|●|EL-NIKKOR 50mm f/2.8||
  • KillerbobKillerbob Posts: 732Member
    Don't know what you did today, but it is not working. Now it is a strange mix of black and white (at least om my Mac - OSX 10.11.1 / Firefox 41). I cleared out my cache, and it's all mixed up...
    yes, sorry - did not finish the changes. Got into some styling issues I am trying to fix.
    admin | nikonrumors.com
  • Parke1953Parke1953 Posts: 456Member
    Working fine on my PC. I'm sure there is some more to come. Maybe. :-B
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member
    Just curious, is the POTD size limit still 640x480?

Also, will there be a mobile version of the forums?

I think you've done a great job- the font is nice and legible and it's a good change.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    Just a note to NRF members.... We, the mods, are learning all this new stuff as well, and at my age, it takes a bit longer, but I think when Peter has all the changes completed, we will find we have a more user friendly forum.

This can all be discussed when we get together next spring in.......soon it be announced....
    Msmoto, mod
    Just curious, is the POTD size limit still 640x480?

Also, will there be a mobile version of the forums?

I think you've done a great job- the font is nice and legible and it's a good change.
    Yes, there will be a mobile version of the site. I realized that I cannot do everything in a timely manner and I am currently looking to hire somebody to do all the CSS/design work. Any CSS stylesheets gurus out there, please contact me (this will be a paying gig).
    admin | nikonrumors.com