Nikon Black Friday 2017

MattinNJ81MattinNJ81 Posts: 25Member
edited October 2017 in Nikon Deals
I noticed that this website had Nikon's leaked Black Friday flier on November 5 last year. Is that normal and should we expect to see the deals early again this year?

Does anyone have any guesses as to what Nikon will be doing this year? Last year for the D810 and D500 for example, they dropped the price and included the free battery pack. But the D500 is already selling for close to last year's sale price, so only including the battery pack wouldn't be quite as much of a deal as last year. I'm hoping there is a price drop in addition to the free battery pack, but maybe I'm being too optimistic.
Post edited by MattinNJ81 on
Tagged:

Comments

• starralaznstarralazn Posts: 204Member
    It's always good to keep your optimism, but...

I doubt the D850 will go on sale anytime soon since it's on backorder at B&H, Adorama, and Amazon.
  • MattinNJ81MattinNJ81 Posts: 25Member
    Agreed, but all of the "older" bodies should see some level of discount. I am personally interested in getting the D500 with the 16-80 lens, so I am hoping for a good deal come Black Friday.
    I see Target released their Black Friday ad today, but unfortunately there wasn't much camera gear included outside of a Canon kit. Hopefully B&H, Best Buy, etc. release theirs soon as well.
  • BVSBVS Posts: 440Member

I see Target released their Black Friday ad today, but unfortunately there wasn't much camera gear included outside of a Canon kit. Hopefully B&H, Best Buy, etc. release theirs soon as well.

I'm sure there will be more deals. Nikon probably just hasn't told the retailers what they are yet.

D7100, 85 1.8G, 50 1.8G, 35 1.8G DX, Tokina 12-28 F4, 18-140, 55-200 VR DX
    BVS said:

I'm sure there will be more deals. Nikon probably just hasn't told the retailers what they are yet.

The retailers themselves almost certainly know the holiday pricing for the major brands already, but releasing those prices to the public is another matter.
  • HikerHiker Posts: 197Member

BVS said:

The retailers themselves almost certainly know the holiday pricing for the major brands already, but releasing those prices to the public is another matter.
    Like the D7500 debacle?! :wink:
  • tc88tc88 Posts: 537Member
    My guess is the same sale as last year, free grip on D810/D500.

Last year this time, Nikon didn't have any significant new cameras, so it had to find some way to dredge up some revenue to make the numbers.

This quarter with D850, Nikon just increased its forecast and is in no hurry for more revenue. So it will likely just put out some superficial ads for the appearance of sales. Anyway, if you have waited this long for sales, might as well wait another 20 days.
    Hiker said:

BVS said:

Like the D7500 debacle?! :wink:
    What happened with the D7500?
    tc88 said:

My guess is the same sale as last year, free grip on D810/D500.

Last year this time, Nikon didn't have any significant new cameras, so it had to find some way to dredge up some revenue to make the numbers.

This quarter with D850, Nikon just increased its forecast and is in no hurry for more revenue. So it will likely just put out some superficial ads for the appearance of sales. Anyway, if you have waited this long for sales, might as well wait another 20 days.

I'm hoping at the very least the D500 drops $100-$200 along with the free grip. That would at least match last year's sale price.
  • juanmrojasjuanmrojas Posts: 10Member
    Any guess on D750? I'm about to purchase one but I'm hoping maybe there's at least a free grip option on black friday?

Any guess on D750? I'm about to purchase one but I'm hoping maybe there's at least a free grip option on black friday?

Last year's deals had the D750 at $1800 with no grip, but that is the current sale price. I don't know about the free grip but you should at least get some kind of discount on the body or perhaps a lens discount if purchased together.

Nikon needs to leak their deals already dammit.
  • Capt_SpauldingCapt_Spaulding Posts: 739Member
    edited November 2017
    I dunno guys. At present I'm happy with my D7200 and D610. I have a slight case of NAS, but it relates to two specific pieces of kit - a 70-200 f4 and a 200-500 f5.6. At present the NAS pains aren't particularly acute, but it would be nice to pick one or the other up on sale. As to more general GAS trouble, I am tempted by the siren song of a 24-105 Art. I have a Nikkor 24-85 which while a good lens lacks a bit in sharpness and vignettes pretty badly (fixable). If neither of the Nikkors goes on sale and it does, I may move that direction.

Post edited by Capt_Spaulding on
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator

I dunno guys. At present I'm happy with my D7200 and D610. I have a slight case of NAS, but it relates to two specific pieces of kit - a 70-200 f4 and a 200-500 f5.6. At present the NAS pains aren't particularly acute, but it would be nice to pick one or the other up on sale. As to more general GAS trouble, I am tempted by the siren song of a 24-105 Art. I have a Nikkor 24-85 which while a good lens lacks a bit in sharpness and vignettes pretty badly (fixable). If neither of the Nikkors goes on sale and it does, I may move that direction.

I used the 200-500 on my D750 the other day - WOW - what a beast. Pretty sharp wide open too. I have GAS for that lens even though I know it wouldn't get much use with me.
    Always learning.
  • webmastadjwebmastadj Posts: 219Member
    edited November 2017
    The 200-500 was the first FX lens I purchased. I love it! I also got the TC14 for that little more reach. Comes in second on my favorite lens I own below the 70-200 f/2.8.
    Post edited by webmastadj on

What is NAS and GAS?
    edited November 2017

I used the 200-500 on my D750 the other day - WOW - what a beast. Pretty sharp wide open too. I have GAS for that lens even though I know it wouldn't get much use with me.

Good to hear. I am piking up the 200-500mm soon.

Post edited by MattinNJ81 on

The 200-500 was the first FX lens I purchased. I love it! I also got the TC14 for that little more reach. Comes in second on my favorite lens I own below the 70-200 f/2.8.

Glad to hear you like the 200-500, I'm getting one soon along with the D500.
  • Vipmediastar_JZVipmediastar_JZ Posts: 1,708Member

What is NAS and GAS?

Nikon Acquisition Syndrome and Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
    Once you start you cant stop buying

What is NAS and GAS?

Nikon Acquisition Syndrome and Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
    Once you start you cant stop buying

Haha, I see. I have a touch of that myself.
    Well BestBuy just released its Black Friday ad... no news on Full Frames. Yet.

https://bestblackfriday.com/ads/best-buy-black-friday
  • HikerHiker Posts: 197Member

I posted about a 70-200 f4 to use with my 7200, and to replace the 70-300 I now have. Thinking of NOT spending $1,400 to the 70-200, buy the highly rated 24-105 Art which usually goes on sale during the holidays for $799, $100. off. That lens will do me great with the Grand Canyon or any other landscapes i need more zoom than my Sigma 17-50mm f2.8. GAS, NAS, SAS, and TAS...sigh..
  • retreadretread Posts: 574Member
    I can hear the Sigma 120-300 beckoning very loudly but not enough in the savings yet.

Yeah, I clicked through all 50 pages only to be disappointed. I suppose it makes sense that only the "consumer" stuff would be in the actual ad as that's what they are going to sell the most units of. Nikon just needs to leak their Black Friday ad already so we can see everything. Last year it was out on Nov. 5 so hopefully we see it soon.

Yeah, I clicked through all 50 pages only to be disappointed. I suppose it makes sense that only the "consumer" stuff would be in the actual ad as that's what they are going to sell the most units of. Nikon just needs to leak their Black Friday ad already so we can see everything. Last year it was out on Nov. 5 so hopefully we see it soon.
    Really waiting for that leak! I live in Argentina and an american friend is traveling here one week after Black Friday, really hoping some discount on the D750 (it costs U$S2800 here for the body only so it's a pretty good saving anyway). We'll just have to wait and see.

Really waiting for that leak! I live in Argentina and an american friend is traveling here one week after Black Friday, really hoping some discount on the D750 (it costs U$S2800 here for the body only so it's a pretty good saving anyway). We'll just have to wait and see.
    Yeah the D750 is already about $1000 cheaper here in the U.S., so that should work out well for you. Let's hope that leak comes soon.