Buy D850 or wait for its replacement

stetsonlawstetsonlaw Posts: 1Member
I'm looking to buy my first FX camera and have time on my side. Would you wait until the D850 replacement comes out at some point, or pull the trigger now and get the D850? Thank you,
Tagged:

Comments

• mhedgesmhedges Posts: 498Member
    Personally I doubt we will get a DSLR D850 replacement. So I wouldn't wait.
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 2,700Member
    I think that you will get a D860, but the D850 is state of the art. I would buy it now. As I walk through the Valley of the Temples at this very moment, I would be kicking myself if I did not have my D850.
  • SymphoticSymphotic Posts: 531Member
    The D850 is an astounding camera. If I didn't already have one, I would stand in a long line to buy one. It's a lot for a first FX camera, but there is nothing wrong with starting with the best.
    Jack Roberts
    "Discovery consists in seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what nobody else has thought"--Albert Szent-Gyorgy
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 1,577Member
    I WOULD WAIT FOR A PRICE DROP
  • mhedgesmhedges Posts: 498Member
    That could be a ways off too considering the D850 is still selling well and they don’t want to undercut the Z7.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 3,789Member
    The D850 was only just released within the last year, so it could be a year or more before an update comes, if there even is one. Go for.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • Rx4PhotoRx4Photo Posts: 1,199Member
    If I were in your shoes, I'd get the D850 if you're ready for it. Even though I don't own a D850, it seems to be at it's peak for that model and body. I don't know if Nikon Corp. will want to put more into it. Remember, many people complained that there was no "true" D700 replacement even with the release of the D800 which was a game changer.
    D800 | D7000 | Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 | 24-70mm f/2.8 | 70-200mm f/2.8 | 35mm f/1.8G | 85mm f/1.4G | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art | Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art | Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM | Zeiss 100mm Makro-Planar ZF.2 | Flash controllers: Phottix Odin TTL

• snakebunksnakebunk Posts: 782Member
    I am like Pistnbroke. I will probably buy a D850 but I will wait for the price to drop (or until I really need it).
  • egosbaregosbar Posts: 64Member
    when they fix snapbridge ill buy one , i use helicon remote on my d500 and i have to tether it to my computer to get it to work because the wifi doesnt allow it to connect
    just give us back normal wifi please
  • decentristdecentrist Posts: 31Member
    Intended use is relevant here, yet no on bothers to ask.
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 2,947Member
    Buy it now. Or skip DSLR's entirely and start with a Z6 for $2000 in a few months.