I HATE MICRO SD CARDS...DO YOU?

2»

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    This thread is losing its focus...
    Always learning.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member

And is there not a faster yet card coming that has the same contacts as an XQD card? Memory is vague but not long back there was speculation that Nikon would possibly update their XQD models to utilize it if memory hasn't entirely gone on the blink. I have only filled a D500 buffer maybe 3 times and it didn't make a difference because Murphy was on vacation.

I dug deep enough to verify CFexpress and XQD share the same form factor. So Speed, some larger but more rugged perhaps than SD, and much better than the larger CF cards. I am sure they will come at a price but as image size increases two of those will not break the bank and at least my fingers can hold on to them.

I really haven't been following XQD cards because I currently for the foreseeable future won't have a camera that will accept it. I thought CompactExpress was like a compact flash card with the small spinning drive in it haha.
    tc88 said:

The issue with single XQD slot is that whoever buys XQD, money is less a concern. So they want absolute top end which means dual slots. So having a single XQD slot is in a no man's land. It does not cater to the money is no concern crowd, it does not cater to the value proposition population either.

So my take is that if it's XQD, it must be in a 2 slot configuration. If it's a single slot, it should be SD.

To say Nikon made the right memory choice for Z is like saying all other camera makers made the wrong memory choice since they all made the opposite decision, including the A9. I would think otherwise.

I don't agree with that. XQD is clearly a superior card format in speed. You can't have your cake and eat it if you want high performance. People would have demanded the latest and greatest features in the Z6/Z7 and had it not come with XQD cards, they clearly would have shot themselves in the foot like Canon, even if it's a single slot.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • retreadretread Posts: 574Member
    •Nikon Z3: with micro SD card

I realize this is an entry level camera that I would not be interested in but the micro SD card would be a no deal for me. Just too small, easy to lose or misplace. I can live with SD cards but prefer CFExpress cards.
  • tc88tc88 Posts: 537Member
    Are there any cameras, especially ILC, using micro SD? If not, then the rumor is likely false.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
    Two micro sd maybe