Nikon D780

124»

Comments

• PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 4,777Member
    Has anyone else had the opportunity to hold and shoot the D780? What were your thoughts of the camera?
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,009Member
    Well if that photo had been taken by me the left hand with the ring would not have been around the back out of view..thats why the groom is on the right of the bride to leave the ring hand visible. But I agree with toni all this bokeh is lost on the customers ..I shot all my weddings with the 28-300 at f8
  • NIKONTNNIKONTN Posts: 80Member
    My experience with the 24-120f4 has been a good one after I used lens aline. For that Mater16-35f4 never impressed me until I calibrated it.Even my two tamrons are a lot sharper. I even calibrate my monitors, I guess being a controls and instrumentation tech for 34 yrs has given me ocd (lol).
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,328Member
    Good points about showing the ring finger and bokeh. I have never had a person react to a photo with "Wow, wonderful background blur!" They just look at the subject and if that subject is themselves they are evaluating whether they look good, look fat, or look old.
  • axlroseaxlrose Posts: 13Member
    Is ther any information (official) which cards are best for D780?
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,156Member
    axlrose said:

Is ther any information (official) which cards are best for D780?

See what Thom Hogan has to say. He has a D780 blog.
    Can anyone help me with something? When I had D750, when I change modes AF-S and AF-c, those settings appeared on my back display too. With d780 nothing happens, when I change them. I can only track it via top screen. Any chance to make it visible on rear lcd too?

Thanks.
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,099Member
    Did you press the info button to bring the display up? I for one think it's great that they have made the change, the rear screen on the D750 comes on way to often for no reason.

You know you can also see the focus mode selected in the viewfinder as you press and rotate the dial right?
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
    PB_PM said:

Did you press the info button to bring the display up? I for one think it's great that they have made the change, the rear screen on the D750 comes on way to often for no reason.

You know you can also see the focus mode selected in the viewfinder as you press and rotate the dial right?

Hi.
    Yes, I know, but I was really satisfied with option to see the changes (also setting ISO, etc) on the rear screen. It is not that needed feature, since I am satisfied with so many other things, but I thought it can be set. I guess I just have to get used to it. :)