What should the D6 have had?

13»

Comments

• DenverShooterDenverShooter Posts: 416Member
    I should have mine on Wednesday.
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member

I should have mine on Wednesday.

Congrats. Lets us know what you think as you progress for the first six months.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
    All the Motorsport events I was going to use it on this summer have been canceled due to the Pandemic... I think it’s going to get a workout on Birds in flight and other action wildlife.
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,745Member

All the Motorsport events I was going to use it on this summer have been canceled due to the Pandemic... I think it’s going to get a workout on Birds in flight and other action wildlife.

I am tempted to buy it but will wait to see what the D860 is like before I pull that trigger. I found Thom's review of the D780 very interesting, It is another "stealth upgrade" where the improvements that don't show up on spec sheets add up to a very compelling upgrade. The D6 and D860 may be such an upgrade logic, though they may be different types of upgrades.

Then I will have two state of the art DSLRs to keep my f-mount lenses in action for another decade.
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member

I am tempted to buy it but will wait to see what the D860 is like before I pull that trigger. I found Thom's review of the D780 very interesting, It is another "stealth upgrade" where the improvements that don't show up on spec sheets add up to a very compelling upgrade. The D6 and D860 may be such an upgrade logic, though they may be different types of upgrades.
    I really agree with you on the D780...many improvements that are not in the spec sheet.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |
    I received my D4 on 20MAR12 and sold it to a "semi pro" shooter in LA two weeks ago for about 35% of what I paid for it.

It was a flawless body for me. I had Nikon clean the sensor a couple of times over the years and while they had it they upgraded the firmware and that was the extent of maintenance on it.

If I get 8 years out of my D6 I will be more than happy.