I didn't know Nikon does this.....

2»

Comments

• daveznspacedaveznspace Posts: 180Member
    mhedges said:

I think it was just some certain types of binoculars they were discontinuing.

those were the kids "x-ray vision" ones that we used to see in magazines :D

Their binocular line was like the DX DSLR line at times: D5400, D5500, D5600 all in stock.

I strap a Nikon 1 on my 200-500mm and that's my binoculars usually
    PB_PM said:

ROFL, no way I'd buy $9000 binoculars. I'm cheap I just have an old Monarch 5 10x42 that I use for bird watching. Given that they have a 25 year warranty, I feel set for life.

I'd spend the 9k on a car and just drive closer lol

I had a 7mm Remington magnum when I was 8. I couldn’t get three shots in the same hole at 100 yards with the Bushnell scope.

I upgraded to a Nikon scope. Problem solved.

I have been a Nikon shooter ever since.

If I'd have a rifle now it'd be for grizzlies. When they're <= 30' away and charging at 35-45 mph, no scope needed.

When I was a kid I had a remington 541 .22 (i think, was the fancier model), I don't remember what scope I had on it but on a bench you could barely see the different holes was an accurate mofo.

I got a quote from my optician for £790 for a pair of glasses with Nikon lenses. I got Zeiss from the shop next door for £440. Shame that the larger chains don't do Nikon.

Here the only place i've seen them is walmart which is kinda odd
    well, so far it turns out that I'll need 3 pairs (reg, mid-range for computer editing, and sunglasses).

At Walmart upgrading to Nikon lenses cost an extra $90 PER LENS, so would be however much for the frames plus $280, plus any coatings :o

So I just ordered them from Warby Parker online (who have been fantastic btw), my insurance covered the first pair minus $10 co-pay. Without insurance (as will be the case for my sunglasses which I'll get the same frames) they'd be $145 total, which includes the lens, all coatings except blue light and even my lenses came with the thinner high-index lenses (another add-on cost at Walmart).

I took the lenses in to have them test the accuracy and they were dead-on, the eye dr had never seen the Warby's and was impressed, said that he'd never seen that nice of glasses from an online source.

I'm sure the Nikons are indeed much clearer and better but I can get all 3 pairs for the price of the one pair and when after 5 years of complete BS Workmans Comp holdups without pay but still required to adhere to their work restrictions that make's a big difference.