NANPA Membership

MrFotoFoolMrFotoFool Posts: 289Member
Is anyone here a member of NANPA (North American Nature Photography Association)? I have known of them for many years but never bothered to join because I don't see the benefit (and a hundred bucks a year seems a bit pricey). I was recently reintroduced to them when I met a member who informed me their 2023 annual summit will be in my city of Tucson. Any real life experiences (specifically what you get for your hundred bucks) would be appreciated.

Comments

• MrFotoFoolMrFotoFool Posts: 289Member
    I just found this thread on Backcountry Gallery asking the same question. While a couple people tout the benefits, the consensus seems to be it is not a good value for the money. Two posters say the benefit is having a "collective voice" yet neither one cites a specific example of an issue where that made a difference.
    https://bcgforums.com/index.php?threads/are-you-a-nanpa-member.12417/
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,484Moderator
    Hmmm, everybody is after your money these days...
    Always learning.
  • MrFotoFoolMrFotoFool Posts: 289Member

Very true. Considering the lack of response to this thread, I assume no one here is a member (at least no one who is active here). I also posted this on SonyAlphaRumors (since I now use a Sony 200-600 for wildlife) and one person replied they enjoy the membership. However the main benefit for her was getting her work published in their member magazine, which I am sure is nice but still not enough to make me want to join.
  • Capt_SpauldingCapt_Spaulding Posts: 670Member

Very true. Considering the lack of response to this thread, I assume no one here is a member (at least no one who is active here). I also posted this on SonyAlphaRumors (since I now use a Sony 200-600 for wildlife) and one person replied they enjoy the membership. However the main benefit for her was getting her work published in their member magazine, which I am sure is nice but still not enough to make me want to join.

This leads me to a question that's puzzled me for a while. Where is everybody? Have they abandoned Nikon? Abandoned the board? All gotten their Z9s, gone on treks to the headwaters of the Nile, and been devoured by crocodiles?
  • Ton14Ton14 Posts: 645Member
    Holliday ? :)
    User Ton changed to Ton14, Google sign in did not work anymore