Z fc vs future D500 Zdx or Z DF

heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,182Member
edited June 19 in Nikon Z cameras
So there is a great Zfc Deal at the moment. I almost pulled the trigger a couple of times .. it will probably be around for another week. I do love my D500, there must me a Z mount version on the way sometime right ? right?

Also I kind of regret not getting a similar great deal on the old Nikon DF I came across about a year after it came out ( a long time ago now ). The pretty Zfc is much more featured than the DF, and has so many more use cases. So should/will I miss out on the pretty retro cam again ? Will there be a Z DF. or will the Z Fc be all we get.

PS: Hi guys not been photographing for quite a while, but the itch is coming back I think !! :-)
PPS: where do you put your images these days for posting links LOL !!
Post edited by heartyfisher on
Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

Tagged:

Comments

• NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,247Member
    Welcome back!

Not Flickr, that's for sure. The forums never really figured out another way to post photos.

As a current DX DSLR shooter, I'm at a loss to what to choose for a Z mount camera. I like the Z50, but I want something more equivalent to the D7000 in terms of battery so I can keep using my batteries in that. So I'll just wait and see. I don't really need a camera right now.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,182Member
    Thanks !! after much consideration I have decided to wait for the d500 equivalent. Although the Z fc still tugs at my nostalgic heartstrings !

In the mean time I have had my old 80-400 afs repaired and can't wait to go snapping "real soon now"

I have finally got on Instagram with a couple of photos .. still not to sure how it works LOL .. but I am assuming that I can post from there?
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.