Z fc vs future D500 Zdx or Z DF

heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
edited June 2022 in Nikon Z cameras
So there is a great Zfc Deal at the moment. I almost pulled the trigger a couple of times .. it will probably be around for another week. I do love my D500, there must me a Z mount version on the way sometime right ? right?

Also I kind of regret not getting a similar great deal on the old Nikon DF I came across about a year after it came out ( a long time ago now ). The pretty Zfc is much more featured than the DF, and has so many more use cases. So should/will I miss out on the pretty retro cam again ? Will there be a Z DF. or will the Z Fc be all we get.

PS: Hi guys not been photographing for quite a while, but the itch is coming back I think !! :-)
PPS: where do you put your images these days for posting links LOL !!
Post edited by heartyfisher on
Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

Tagged:

Comments

• NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    Welcome back!

Not Flickr, that's for sure. The forums never really figured out another way to post photos.

As a current DX DSLR shooter, I'm at a loss to what to choose for a Z mount camera. I like the Z50, but I want something more equivalent to the D7000 in terms of battery so I can keep using my batteries in that. So I'll just wait and see. I don't really need a camera right now.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    Thanks !! after much consideration I have decided to wait for the d500 equivalent. Although the Z fc still tugs at my nostalgic heartstrings !

In the mean time I have had my old 80-400 afs repaired and can't wait to go snapping "real soon now"

I have finally got on Instagram with a couple of photos .. still not to sure how it works LOL .. but I am assuming that I can post from there?
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    The heart wants what the heart wants ..... getting my second Zfc in a couple of days .. sigh ...

• starralaznstarralazn Posts: 204Member
    In a sense, Im around(but maybe that's only bc I've filled my gas with a z9). I feel like the technology of the forum hasn't really changed. Unfortunately I think posting from Instagram won't go over too well, bc they don't really provide means to do so. (Personally I find Instagram good for interacting with people, def easier to be more sociable on there)

As for a mirror less d500 equivalent... Just based on how long it took for the d500 itself to come out, you're gonna be waiting for 1+ years before we even hear a rumor I bet
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    Zfc body on E-infinity for £670 delivered and in stock.
  • DaveyJDaveyJ Posts: 1,090Member
    I have the Z 9 and use it mostly with the new Z S 100-400. I now have TWO Z fcs one with a leather brown half case, the other with the green leather half case. I use those ONLY with the great 16=50 silver kit lens. They are THAT good. I use my Z 50 now only with the 50-250 with a lens hood and polarizing filter all the time. The Z 9 is a BIG camera. My family has a Sony A 1 with several lens and they admit the Z 9 is better. But Big!

I take MORE photos with the DX Z 50 and the Z fc cameras than I do with the Z 9, which is the fastest camera I have ever owned, and it is awesome. But the beautiful Z fcs are fun to shoot with and the highly functional. The Z 50 is very good. How do I compare it to my D 500? not the same experience. I use the underrated but EXCELLENT D7500 exclusively with the F mount f 5.6 200-500 still the camera I always reach for on a long shot like at distant wildlife or photos of the Moon.

Bottom line YOU will not regret buying a Z fc and get the 16-50 silver kit lens for certain. You should also look up the TP Original Columbian cowhide leather half case and get one in the color you want. I myself would take the standard black and silver camera rather than the leatherette camera in one of the designer colors. As to grip of the Z fc with a leather half case, just as good as the Z 50 with the grip. With the great 50-250 kit lens, I prefer that with the Z 50 NOT the Z fc.

Should Nikon make a D 500 equivalent in DX Z version? YES! That would be a Z 90 maybe. And if it has some of the Z 9 steroids I personally would rate it as a very, very good buy. I myself hope it would have two SD cards as the much bigger CF Express cards are very expensive and require a much bigger body to perform many functions. Nikon is testing a prototype of that now.
  • DaveyJDaveyJ Posts: 1,090Member
    edited October 2022
    My Z 9 and Z fcs (2) then the Z 50, with the 50-250. I find the Z 6 II hard to use. It is no Z 9. Nikon better fill that gap quick.
    Post edited by DaveyJ on