Anyone else pre-order a 750 through Best Buy?

pigeyejacksnpigeyejacksn Posts: 36Member
edited September 2014 in Nikon DSLR cameras
Ok, don't laugh, yes I did a pre-order through Best Buy knowing how bad they are. Believe me, not my first choice of places. I had a bunch of miles I could cash in at Best Buy, so they got my business. So I pre-ordered on the 12th as soon as it showed on their website. It came with free expedited shipping service. As of today it shows "in progress". I called customer service and after waiting 35 minutes for an answer, they said it would be deliver between Oct 3rd-13th and that it was on backorder and could not fulfill all of the pre-orders. Interestingly enough, I told them that according to their website it is in stock and could be delivered on Friday. Apparently they have no way to reach their warehouse, but that the website is wrong. I am supposed to call back tomorrow at 3:00 for a status update since they are not allowed to call customer. They also show in stock at Best Buy stores near me, but was advised I can't pick one up because I didn't select buy "site to store". I can't do a refund because of the high dollar of gift cards from my miles, it will take 14-21 days to process a new replacement gift card from a return. I have always bought through BH, but this time had to use my miles. Mistake!

Anyone else with any luck, or am I the only one who used them? I am hoping that eventually I'll get notification it shipped and the customer service people are just left completely in the dark and had no idea what they were talking about.

Ugh!
D750 w/MB-D16 Grip, D300, Nikon 16-35 f4 VR, Nikon 24-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR, TC-17E II, Nikon 50mm f1.8, Nikon 10.5 DX, Tamron 90mm Macro f2.8, Lens Baby Composer, SB-700, Singh-Ray Galen Rowell ND Filter.
http://www.photographsbyrob.com

Comments

• spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Oh man, and to think that the USA once lead the world in customer service. That trend has reversed!
    Always learning.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,287Member
    edited September 2014
    Worst case scenario is you get your gift card refunded after a few weeks right?

I guess you could wait and see and keep calling, at least there's a digital paper trail so they really can't screw up that terribly.

One way you could spend your miles next time is to call up customer service and see if they can transfer your miles into B and H gift cards. It doesn't hurt to ask. I think my mother did that with Citibank rewards once.
    Post edited by NSXTypeR on
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • PhotobugPhotobug Posts: 5,751Member
    I also saw KR statement that Adorama got a truck load shipment and filled all their preorders and actually have left over product to fill orders. Sorry to hear you went with BB but understand from your point of view why you did that.

I concur about trying to get a B&H Gift car. I also did that from a rewards program. Food for thought for next time.
    D750 & D7100 | 24-70 F2.8 G AF-S ED, 70-200 F2.8 AF VR, TC-14E III, TC-1.7EII, 35 F2 AF D, 50mm F1.8G, 105mm G AF-S VR | Backup & Wife's Gear: D5500 & Sony HX50V | 18-140 AF-S ED VR DX, 55-300 AF-S G VR DX |
    |SB-800, Amaran Halo LED Ring light | MB-D16 grip| Gitzo GT3541 + RRS BH-55LR, Gitzo GM2942 + Sirui L-10 | RRS gear | Lowepro, ThinkTank, & Hoodman gear | BosStrap | Vello Freewave Plus wireless Remote, Leica Lens Cleaning Cloth |