Fluorine Coating....all comments...

MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
edited February 2015 in Nikon DSLR cameras
A video on Nikon's website about the advantages of the fluorine coating on some of the new Nikkors....
http://bcove.me/gypa4ssx
Post edited by Msmoto on
Msmoto, mod

Comments

• donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,675Member
    Looks really good. However, it seems useless if you normally place a NC filter over the lens. Perhaps Nikon will add fluorine coating to their NC filters.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    If the fluorine coating is on the rear element, this would make dust less likely to adhere...possibly. On the big guns....300mm f/2.8, and up, there is no filter for the front element. Thus, the fluorine coating is quite useful.
    Msmoto, mod
  • kanuckkanuck Posts: 1,300Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm all for putting this wonderful technology on every Nikkor that is made now. It is so much easier to clean the front elements now with one or maybe two swirls and your good to go. Now it just smudges the mess into the glass more, similar to a UV filter unless its a Kenko. I am even more excited by the possibilities of lenses becoming lighter with the new PF glass or Fresnel elements. We should fire up a fireside chat on this :) This excites me far more as I have always hated the weight of Nikon gear....
    Post edited by kanuck on