Time / date stamp issues

okebay1okebay1 Posts: 2Member
edited May 2015 in D3x00
When I am in GUIDE mode, the time / date stamp appears on all my photos. Yes, DATE is OFF in the SET UP MENU. In all other modes, the TIME / DATE STAMP does not appear. How do I get rid of this annoying date / stamp issue.

Comments

• PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    Which camera are you using? Hard to give specific information without knowing. Generally speaking making sure the "Date Imprint" setting is turned off should do the trick. You might need to check your user manual for more information.
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • IronheartIronheart Posts: 3,017Moderator
    Page 44 in your D3300 manual:
    "Changes to Image quality, Image size, Auto off timers, Print date, Playback folder, Playback display options, all Display and sound settings options, and all Movie settings options except Flicker reduction apply in guide mode only and are not reflected in other shooting modes."
    You need to go into GUIDE mode and go to the "set up" screen and turn "print date" off.

This is the same answer you got on Nikonites, but more detailed ;-)
  • okebay1okebay1 Posts: 2Member
    Ironheart your answer was perfect! You know more about D3300's than the Nikon Staff...they coulnd't answer this question but you did...well done!
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    edited July 2020
    Bump in this thread...

For those of you traveling with multiple cameras, how do you sync your time stamps if you're crossing multiple time zones? Last time I went on vacation (quite a long time ago unfortunately), I had a DSLR, a compact and my phone and all of them had different times. The phone updates automatically once I get local cell signal, but I tried setting the times manually for the compact and the DSLR to as close as possible but still not close enough, I'm off maybe a day or so.

I do understand that Adobe Lightroom has a manual way of batch editing exif data... but I use Google Photos so I'm trying to find a way to do it manually and still work.

A bit of a side note, for T-Mobile, you might have unlimited 2G data and texting when you go abroad for those of you on older T-Mobile plans. I may have used about 6-8 gigs of data while in Japan and HK with reckless abandon and was not charged for it... >:)
    Post edited by NSXTypeR on
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • gene_mcgillgene_mcgill Posts: 395Member
    NSXTypeR said:

Bump in this thread...

For those of you traveling with multiple cameras, how do you sync your time stamps if you're crossing multiple time zones?

I used to live in Alaska and my work regularly took me from the Alaska time zone to all of the lower 48 time zones. I gave up changing time/time zones in my cameras. I set them all to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and I only modify them when they drift. For me, the exact (local) time of a photo rarely matters. I can calculate the local time for an image after the fact by converting from the recorded UTC value on that date (allowing for Daylight Savings or standard time - UTC does not change for DST). I freely admit, this may not meet the needs of others.

• ggbutcherggbutcher Posts: 390Member

NSXTypeR said:

Bump in this thread...

For those of you traveling with multiple cameras, how do you sync your time stamps if you're crossing multiple time zones?

I used to live in Alaska and my work regularly took me from the Alaska time zone to all of the lower 48 time zones. I gave up changing time/time zones in my cameras. I set them all to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and I only modify them when they drift. For me, the exact (local) time of a photo rarely matters. I can calculate the local time for an image after the fact by converting from the recorded UTC value on that date (allowing for Daylight Savings or standard time - UTC does not change for DST). I freely admit, this may not meet the needs of others.

I do the same thing. Started in 2005 with the then-new D50, coincidentally after dealing with setting up time on my linux server where the clock is UTC and displayed time is converted using a time zone master file that contains the from-UTC conversion rules for every time zone out there.

For your multiple cameras, having the correct time isn't as important as having a consistent time between all of them, so your images get sequenced appropriately. UTC is a convenient way to do this.

• NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member

NSXTypeR said:

Bump in this thread...

I guess that's one way to do it, but the problem then is that I don't set my phone to UTC, I leave it to up to the time zone. This is actually my first time hearing about UTC, and it's a good solution for your usage.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S