Just got back from Phuket. Here's my HD video...

precip2ceprecip2ce Posts: 6Member
edited May 2015 in Nikon DSLR cameras
I just got back from a week of sailing with the Nikon D800 in Phuket, and was lucky enough to visit the Phi Phi islands!
I made a HD video of the trip, including some cool sea caves. Check it out, let me know what you think!

Phuket: Jewel of the Andaman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQVO76h-p7Q

Cheers,
Patrick

Comments

• proudgeekproudgeek Posts: 1,422Member
    Some very outstanding work. I always say I'll never shoot video with my D800 due to the amount of effort involved but when I see something like this I'm always tempted. What did you edit this in?
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited May 2015
    Good job editing and shooting.. and syncing with the music!

However, I think the video may need some work on the colours.. I don't do vids so I really no nothing :-) but I think the term is colour grading? I think it needs more contrast in some scenes and details may need to be brought back in the highlights or shadows in some other scenes... some scenes are spot on though and very lovely!

I am curious how you did the aerial fly over scenes.
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• ThomasHortonThomasHorton Posts: 323Member
    It is just not fair.

You come back from Phuket and the only jokes I can think of would get me booted off this forum.
    Gear: Camera obscura with an optical device which transmits and refracts light.
  • danhowldanhowl Posts: 36Member
    Nice work. looks like that was mix of video capture and time-lapse. I went to Phuket on a working vacation a couple of years ago and was surprised to see a poster in one of the tailor shop's window featuring a model wearing a gown. It caught my eye and took me a second to realize that it was one of my own shots. A bit shocking to see my work on the other side of the globe. Looks like you had a more serene passing to PhiPhi than I did.
    D3X, D800, 17-35, 28-70, Zeiss 55mm OTUS, 85mm Zeiss CF.2, 85mm PCE, 70-200 VRII, 105DC
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Parts of that would make a great tourism advert I think.
    Always learning.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    Hey, I really enjoyed that video!

It's really pretty over there.
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • kanuckkanuck Posts: 1,300Member
    Looks great you did a wonderful job here I think :)