D2013 Wishlist

sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
edited December 2012 in Nikon DSLR cameras

In 2013 is very likely Nikon will announce a new camera

Trying to keep the technology with in what is likely, in the next year ( eg no 10 - 800 mm f 1.4 zooms )

What would you like see

ignore price,  you camera will so so popular and Nikon will sell so many, they will be able to keep the price reasonable

Post edited by Msmoto on

Comments

• sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member

My camera will be similar to the D800

it will has two sensors one similar to the D800 the other to the D4

The battery pack, which will be included in the price of the camera  ,will have  a pocket wizard, allow complete wireless control, have a  bigger buffer and higher fps

• shawninoshawnino Posts: 453Member
    Camera
    D4-ish sensor, small body. Existing 16 MP in FX is fine.
    Willing to forego all bells/whistles as long as I can control aperture, shutter speed, ISO. And by all bells/whistles I mean all.

Lenses
    More primes with Defocus Control. 85, 50, 200 as good places as any to start. If there happens to be a god, and he takes your picture in the afterlife, I'm telling you right now he's using the 135mm f/2 DC. Even one more of these lenses would be magnificent: no clue why the existing two are so relatively close in focal length (105mm, 135mm).
  • warprintswarprints Posts: 61Member
    A DX camera with D800 IQ in a D300 quality/size body.   New CLS that retains the current IR/pre-flash system and adds radio-wave (Radiopopper - Pocketwizard) control.   Retains IR so that my current flashes will work, and adds radio control so that my new flashed will work without having to make sure they can "see" the commander.
  • D300userD300user Posts: 15Member
    A wildlife photographers dream: 18-20MP DX sensor in D800 body, 8 fps without grip (10 with..), native ISO 12800, same autofocus as D4/800, buffer size approaching that of a D4 and for those rare occasions 1080P, 60fps.
    I would pay good money for something like that..
  • ricochetricochet Posts: 54Member
    A wildlife photographers dream: 18-20MP DX sensor in D800 body, 8 fps without grip (10 with..), native ISO 12800, same autofocus as D4/800, buffer size approaching that of a D4 and for those rare occasions 1080P, 60fps.
    Amen, brother!
  • DutchNikonDutchNikon Posts: 6Member
    mm D700 like in format, but with exchangable sensors ( i like the D700 ergonomy better that the D800 ergonomy..)
  • adamzadamz Posts: 842Moderator
    woupd love to have one like that!
  • CorrelliCorrelli Posts: 135Member
    Not a camera - I am happy with my D700 - but a FX 35 mm f/1.8 or f/2 would be nice. I heard the DX version works on FX as well, but I'd prefer a dedicated FX version.
  • InTheMistInTheMist Posts: 7Member

Yes, please!
  • CoventryphotogCoventryphotog Posts: 4Member
    Almost sounds like you want a D800 with a grip - used in DX mode :-)

Most boxes ticked LOL

We gave up waiting for the mystical D400 and bought an 800
  • JJ_SOJJ_SO Posts: 1,158Member
    Not a camera - I am happy with my D700 - but a FX 35 mm f/1.8 or f/2 would be nice. I heard the DX version works on FX as well, but I'd prefer a dedicated FX version.
    If it's more the price than the size, try a Sigma 35/1.4 instead of waiting for a dedicated Nikon FX, I don't think you'd be disappointed.

In 2013, I'd like to see small improvements only, 2012 was my "get the gear"-year and so far I don't have more wishes. Lenscaps with better grips would be nice, rear caps with easier handling, too. And maybe a P7700 with a range finder, but that's not urgent.
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    I am on for the D300 user's description....basically a DX D4 in a D800 body.  At $2,000?
    Msmoto, mod
  • adamzadamz Posts: 842Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Almost sounds like you want a D800 with a grip - used in DX mode :-)

+1

Tommie - I would prefer a $1999 price tag on it :)
    Post edited by adamz on
  • jonnyapplejonnyapple Posts: 131Moderator
    I have to say that don't feel limited by my D7000. I'm sure I could think of lenses but they already exist. I hope for everyone else that a D400 comes out.
    CC is welcome. DC is also welcome when I deserve it.
  • JustForFunJustForFun Posts: 5Member
    edited December 2012
    D7000 (yes, a DX), but with:

- fixed autofocus and oil problems

- slightly lower mass (100-200g less)

- articulated (like in my D5100 - sometimes I keep the camera either just above the ground or as high as I can) non-glare screen

- larger viewfinder and a better eye piece (I like the KPS one)

- new 12Mpix (probably even more than enough for me) sensor with much improved noise on high ISO and dynamic range outperforming a film :D

- in-body vibration reduction (by means of sensor movement) - to be used with non-VR lens (like 35/1.8) ONLY; typical zoom lenses should keep the in-lens VR functionality

- built-in power-efficient geolocation chip - should be able to use GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and Beidou satellites at the same time, together with A-GPS and gyroscopes - to speed-up the acquisition and improve the accuracy; it's should be highly configurable - able to select which systems to use, whether to log heading info to the EXIF or not, what to log if no signal can be acquired, how to behave when camera is turned off (see the Solmeta GPS units functionality), etc.

- built-in WiFi (automatic hot-spot usage) and 3G modem; the firmware should be able to upload the photos to my FTP server (using SSH or OpenVPN) or any cloud service as soon as possible. Camera dropped into deep river? Not a problem - photo taken a minute earlier is already uploaded to my network drive, safe at home...

- DNG as the native RAW format

Hmmm, I think I might have patented some of those ideas :D

[EDIT] I forgot about the built-in radio speedlight control
    Post edited by JustForFun on
  • easylivingeasyliving Posts: 1Member
    edited December 2012
    I would really like to see as soon an FX zoom such as an AF-S Nikkor 28 - 100 mm f/2,8G ED VR.
    Post edited by easyliving on
  • mk2popmk2pop Posts: 80Member
    edited December 2012
    D400 Dx 16-20mp, D800 body, D4/D800 AF, 8 fps 9/10 with grip, clean iso12800, D4 buffer, twin card slots of same type, some quick crop options like Fx has

that would do me perfectly
    Post edited by mk2pop on
    D300 | D90 | D40 | F65 x2 | F75 | 10-24mm | 18-200mm | 35mm f1.8 | 50mm 1.4d | 40mm Micro | 70-300mm Tamron | 100-300mm f4 Sigma |1.4x Sigma tc | Sb400 | Sb900 x2

Awaiting a DX D400
  • JerryBurnellJerryBurnell Posts: 6Member
    edited December 2012

• D4X
    • 54MP FX
    • FX with 6 FPS
    • 24MP crop with 10 Frames per second
    • ISO 100-64,000 Base
    • Follow focus
    • 16 bit files native
    • 8 Stop dynamic range
    • high speed In camera HDR
    • active D lighting
    • high speed In Camera focus stacking
    • CF card slot +
    • HD video w stereo mics
    • 4500 shot battery
    • 3.4 in screen
    • Self cleaning
    • Under $8000 and I am a buyer (probably $9500)
    •  
    • Automatic mirror lock up with slight delay for shutter
    • Focusing sites that cover 80 % of the format
    • Face recognition when two faces are in the picture side by side
    • Built in Arca Swiss slots on bottom and left side
    Post edited by JerryBurnell on
  • MsmotoMsmoto Posts: 5,398Moderator
    ;JerryBurnell

Now this is a wish list....native ISO of 64,000 with 54 MP.....  About 2015, but by then, the mirror will have disappeared.
    Msmoto, mod
  • studio460studio460 Posts: 205Member
    edited December 2012
    What else? Twin D4 bodies! [Nevermind--I mis-read the spirit of the thread!]
    Post edited by studio460 on
  • JerryBurnellJerryBurnell Posts: 6Member

Sorry native of 100, base of ISO 100-64,000

The list may not be that far off.

• ElvisheferElvishefer Posts: 329Member
    I probably sound like a broken record, especially in this neighborhood, but I want an updated D700.

The new processor, sensor (preferably the D4's) and AF. 

Similar body and similar button layout to the D700: Two card slots, 100% viewfinder.

No video.

/shrug

I know it won't happen, but dare to dream...

D700, 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII, 24-70mm f/2.8, 14-24mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4G, 200mm f/4 Micro, 105mm f/2.8 VRII Micro, 35mm f/1.8, 2xSB900, 1xSB910, R1C1, RRS Support...

... And no time to use them.
  • TabazanTabazan Posts: 29Member
    100-300mm F2 ?

Wishlist you said ;-)
  • chevypowerchevypower Posts: 2Member
    D600 with PC sync, 1/250 flash sync, 4K,48p,60p video without moire, xlr mic input, flip-out screen
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    I really like the idea of built-in arca-swiss plates.  Apart from that, I think it is only a question of time like Msmoto said, not 2013 tho.

Don't get the automatic mirror lock-up - that is shutter delay mode isn't it?
    Always learning.