Lightroom CC

124»

Comments

• HockeyManHockeyMan Posts: 68Member
    You've got a killer computer, KillerBob. :)
    D800, 14-24mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4G, 85mm f/1.4G, 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II, TC17E II, D300, DX 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G. Coolpix E5400, some AI lenses from my father.
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    Killerbob, Maybe you start thinking serious about your computers LOL
    Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits
  • safyresafyre Posts: 113Member
    Once you have 8gb of ram, the jump from 8gb to 16gb does not make much of a difference unless you plan on running a ton of other programs in the background. At that point, the biggest difference maker will be the processor. Any modern quad-core processor within the past couple years, even if its a mobile version, should easily handle LR and whatever you through at it.
  • KillerbobKillerbob Posts: 732Member
    RAM is so cheap these days (just get it aftermarket), that 16, 32, or even 64GB is doable. It seriously help your multitasking, and programs like Adobe CC almost all without exception, takes advantage.

A fast SSD solution is next best upgrade. The PCIe based ones are fastest, and 2 SSDs in Raid is phenominal.

Both these upgrades you can do yourself, and the parts can be had from a myriad of manufactures.
  • sevencrossingsevencrossing Posts: 2,800Member
    when comes to speed, i think It depends what you are doing with or in LR
    To test it, try using the brush tool, on a 12 X 36mp panorama
  • Vipmediastar_JZVipmediastar_JZ Posts: 1,708Member
    I updated it and it seems to be working good on the mac. It did however decided to re-sync my LR mobile catalogs so I gave up editing for the night.

I have a Samsung EVO Pro SSD and 16gb mem along with a internal HDD and I noticed that the memory usage is always low. I was getting beach balls since the last update with graphics accelerator disabled and enabled. I'll see if this version speeds it up. I did read that the next mac os upgrade will improve the Adobe experience.