Adobe Creative Suite Going Subscription Based

1235»

Comments

• HipShotHipShot Posts: 528Member
    Looks like it may be time to upgrade.

I'm currently using Adobe Photoshop CS4. My new 4K monitor isn't supported.

Adobe offers Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC for $9.99/month. If you have experience with that set-up, I'd like you're feedback.

Thanks.

Andy
  • Parke1953Parke1953 Posts: 456Member
    Hipshot Works great for me. Lets you know when new updates are there and you can decide to download or not. Have had no problems with it working on windows 10.
    Thanks for the reply, Parke.

I should mention, I'm using Mac OSX Sierra and a Dell P2715Q monitor.
  • NIKONTNNIKONTN Posts: 80Member
    @HipShot , I use CC on a I Mac and MBP both with Sierra with no problems.It works very well and it is always updated.
    Thank you, @NIKONTN. I think I'm sold. :)
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    I believe Ironheart is correct, but photographers who use Photoshop CS/CC at todays costs , well it just makes sense. the difference between CS3/4 and the latest CC is light years ahead plus you get Lightroom CC free. Having been brought up on Photoshop I still use it and I know I should use Lightroom CC but stick to what I am used to Still do a lot of PP in ACR/Bridge.
    Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits
  • BesoBeso Posts: 464Member
    HipShot said:

Looks like it may be time to upgrade.

I'm currently using Adobe Photoshop CS4. My new 4K monitor isn't supported.

Adobe offers Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC for $9.99/month. If you have experience with that set-up, I'd like you're feedback.

Thanks.

Andy

I have been using Lightroom/Photoshop CC for about a year now. I resisted for a long time but finally made the move. I am happy with it and I think the price is reasonable, and most likely equivalent to the former outright purchase of the programs and upgrades over time. The standard price is reasonable but Adobe has offered deals in the past. With WPPI coming up there may be a deal to be had. There are usually deals around the holidays as well.

The way the CC package works is the programs reside on your computer and they check to see if you have a valid subscription from time to time. The package also provides for two installations such as a desktop, and a laptop or notebook computer (same as the original software package purchases previously). Great for traveling if you like to review your images on the road, or show them to a client when outside the studio.

We all like to disparage Adobe from time to time but they have huge market share and the programs are pretty darned good. I use other programs as well such as DXO, Topaz, etc., but Adobe CC is used about 98% of the time in my workflow.

Good luck.
    Occasionally a decent image ...
  • paulrpaulr Posts: 1,176Member
    My analogy would be CS2/3/4 and CC is like comparing a D200 to a D750, They both do the job but the latter does so much more.
    Camera, Lens and Tripod and a few other Bits