Sony A9

13»

Comments

• PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    Reports comming in that due to the use of SD cards the A9 is taking up to 3 min to clear the buffer and is inopertive during this time ...Nice
  • daveznspacedaveznspace Posts: 180Member
    silent shutter would be nice but for a main camera i don't want a lil boxy body thats a pain in the *ss to hold muchness hold all day... no thanks... and all these new features are taking away the art of photography IMO as they will basically take the pix for you :D
  • Vipmediastar_JZVipmediastar_JZ Posts: 1,708Member

Reports comming in that due to the use of SD cards the A9 is taking up to 3 min to clear the buffer and is inopertive during this time ...Nice

Thats why as A pro you have 3 A9. While you are waiting for one to clear you use the other A9 and so on.

Any idea what sd card and speed? Some of the fastest SD cards are around 280mb/s
    and sony's own SD cards are 299mb/s Write and 300mb/s Read.
  • starralaznstarralazn Posts: 204Member
    apparently you can still shoot while the card is writing... but yeah, menus are inoperative
  • Vipmediastar_JZVipmediastar_JZ Posts: 1,708Member
    Well I don't see that as a huge issue. I hardly go to menu once im shooting. usually I setup prior to shoot. Now if I need to adjust iso or something and that requires the menu then that may be an issue. Thank goodness for DSLR buttons to do that on top or back of camera.
    I am told the mechanical shutter is 5 /sec and that it will not fire while buffering ..I assume it stops when the internal buffer is full ..but until someone has one to try who knows..any way too expensive and no glass so who cares.
  • NSXTypeRNSXTypeR Posts: 2,286Member
    edited April 2017
    I didn't read the whole thread in full, but does anyone find it odd that the A9 is not using XQD cards?

Does Sony want the format to die or something?

Edit- I saw that BVS mentioned this too. I am completely puzzled by this blatant omission. They honestly should have replaced both SD cards with 2 XQD cards.
    Post edited by NSXTypeR on
    Nikon D7000/ Nikon D40/ Nikon FM2/ 18-135 AF-S/ 35mm 1.8 AF-S/ 105mm Macro AF-S/ 50mm 1.2 AI-S
  • PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    It does seem like an odd omission, but then again have any Sony cameras, other than dedicated video cameras, used XQD?
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • decentristdecentrist Posts: 33Member
    once again...spec sheet looks great, until someone tries to use this Sony pos in the field....I'm calling this version Sony "buffer brick"...until the new model comes out in a few months.
  • miatabmiatab Posts: 8Member
    Nikon is a camera company; Sony is an electronics company. Nikon will always produce cameras; Sony. . . .
  • CEBluecloudsCEBlueclouds Posts: 1,943Member
    NSXTypeR said:

I didn't read the whole thread in full, but does anyone find it odd that the A9 is not using XQD cards?

Does Sony want the format to die or something?

Edit- I saw the BVS mentioned this too. I am completely puzzled by this blatant omission. They honestly should have replaced both SD cards with 2 XQD cards.

Probably a design decision.. Dual XQD cards may have taken up too much space as it does appear that Sony placed a highly premium on small form factor!
    Everything bad about this camera is good for Nikon ..lets just hope they have got a good product on its way.
  • rmprmp Posts: 586Member
    Soon! I am ready for a new toy.
    Robert M. Poston: D4, D810, V3, 14-24 F2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400, 105 macro.