New Firmware for Df?

miatabmiatab Posts: 8Member
Is there any possibility that Nikon will update the firmware for the Df, especially in camera picture control and ad Clarity to the mix?

Comments

• heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited April 2017
    Doubt it.. Nikon hardly ever adds features into their firmware... mostly only fixes...

One of the reasons I advocate public domain access to the software of cameras.. Open source people will keep adding features... sigh.. oh well.
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
    edited April 2017
    miatab ...be very careful with in camera clarity. Anything + will wreck your JPEGS and - will soften the pics which may be ok for portraits ...my advice ..avoid
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on
  • miatabmiatab Posts: 8Member
    Thank you, Pistnbroke, I'll follow your advice. Both you and Nikon are smarter than I am. Does that + warning apply to all in-camera picture controls, or just Clarity? I have Sharpening turned down, presently. I shoot only JPEG, incidentally.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,444Member
    edited May 2017
    If you shoot only JPEG then you need the sharp at + 9 .I have D810 /800 /7100 and have had them all; back to d40 all at +9 ..I shoot thousand of pics a week at weddings and no problems .. If you are using older sigmas the contrast +3 and a bit on the saturation helps..+9 all the way. ( and dont do any half harted 7 or 8 you need +9
    Post edited by Pistnbroke on