D 850 touch screen

I have been traditionally used to monitor covers! Now, D 850 is with a touch screen and it needs some kind of protection like any smartphone touch screen protector!? Otherwise, like any car door handle, there is going to be lots of scratches on the touch screen by the finger nails and also due to spectacles!? Also, it is going to be smudged soon by nose grease, sweat and dust especially in a hot, dusty, humid tropical country like India!? I wish they seen come out with some protection sticker at least!

Comments

• DaveyJDaveyJ Posts: 1,090Member
    edited September 2017
    I have been using the touchscreen on the new Nikon D7500 and it is rugged, stays pretty clean and is the best I have seen on any camera to date. I have looked at almost every camera touch screen, from every czompetitor to be certain. My guess is the new D850 touchscreen is a complete home run! I have no cover at all on mine and my strong reaction is.....it would be a spoiler. Totally unneeded!!
    Post edited by DaveyJ on
  • kanuckkanuck Posts: 1,300Member
    edited September 2017
    Very good topic and I am sure it will become discussed more in the coming months when D850s start trickling into users hands. Yes, you'd think there would be an option similar to what is currently used on smart phones. The real glass protector I use on my Iphone 7 plus has been wonderful. No matter how rugged they are on a Nikon, there will definitely get banged and scratched up pretty quickly. This has been one of the advantages Nikon has had over Canon bodies over the years I think.

I'll take a look at the review for the Afunta that you passed on Betelgeuse. That and look into SQD cards for the body for a future purchase B)
    Post edited by kanuck on

The Afunta protectors are made out of hard glass, kanuck. Give them a try. You will like them.

Thanks again, I just read about them through your link and found one for the D750 on Ebay. Just purchased it for $5 haha should be pretty good as a 2-pack. The camera comes with flimsy plastic wrap on it which should hold up a couple of weeks in the meantime. Ordered the SQD card just now too only have SD slot full :)
  • retreadretread Posts: 574Member
    edited September 2017
    kanuck said:

Thanks again, I just read about them through your link and found one for the D750 on Ebay. Just purchased it for $5 haha should be pretty good as a 2-pack. The camera comes with flimsy plastic wrap on it which should hold up a couple of weeks in the meantime. Ordered the SQD card just now too only have SD slot full :)

I used a SD UHS l card in a D500 and got along fine until I could get other cards.
    Post edited by retread on
    Yes, I have a 64GB 300mb/s SDXC II in there now and ordered a 128GB Sony XQD off Ebay last night and a Lexar 64GB x2933 card this morning. Will just have to wait and use the SD in the meantime its not bad.