D850 availability, Jan 2018

Hello there. I placed an order for a D850 at B&H middle of Dec 17. I was thinking the availability issue would be close to fixed by now, but, I still am waiting. B&H says no prospects. I'm not seeing them available anywhere. What is the wait time currently?

Comments

• BVSBVS Posts: 440Member
    The last post about availability was Jan 1st. At the time this was the status of the major retailers:

Amazon: now shipping to pre-orders placed on December 18th
    Adorama: now shipping to pre-orders placed on December 26th
    B&H: now shipping to pre-orders placed on November 22th

I'm sure it's progressed since then, but B&H has been behind everyone else in fulfilling orders for a long time now. If you want the camera in the near future you may be better off ordering from someone else.
    D7100, 85 1.8G, 50 1.8G, 35 1.8G DX, Tokina 12-28 F4, 18-140, 55-200 VR DX
  • cincycosmocincycosmo Posts: 3Member
    Sounds like I need to work the system a bit then and get some prospects from other vendors. Thanks
  • tc88tc88 Posts: 537Member
    B&H is always the last and they won't tell where you stand on their list either. There is a huge thread on FM with people complaining about it. Next time, learn your lesson and cross off B&H if it's a pre-order.
  • cincycosmocincycosmo Posts: 3Member
    Well my D850 arrived yesterday from B&H. I probably jumped the gun and complained too soon. But for the record, I ordered mid December and received Mid January which shows around a 30 day wait time. B&H still show D850s as "released in limited qty" so the back orders are not over yet, but, I think I waited less than the initial wave. PS: it shipped with the new firmware (1.01) installed.
  • WestEndFotoWestEndFoto Posts: 3,742Member

Well my D850 arrived yesterday from B&H. I probably jumped the gun and complained too soon. But for the record, I ordered mid December and received Mid January which shows around a 30 day wait time. B&H still show D850s as "released in limited qty" so the back orders are not over yet, but, I think I waited less than the initial wave. PS: it shipped with the new firmware (1.01) installed.

It already has the new firmware eh. They are shipping them as fast as they make them.