The samsung NX sensor lives on... in the S9?

heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
edited February 2018 in Other Manufacturers
Anyone noticed that the rumored specifications for the new Samsung Phones seems to have some similarity to the NX sensors ?

specifically
1) The high frame rates...
2) The high ISO capabilities...

Lets see when the phones are released to see if its the same.. ie ISOCELL tech etc..
http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/SAMSUNGCAMERA/web/feature/nx500.html

Yeah I will be getting one ... s9+ :-)
Post edited by heartyfisher on
Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

Tagged:

Comments

• PB_PMPB_PM Posts: 4,494Member
    edited February 2018
    It’s not going to be DX size, so who cares? Samsung would be silly to throw away that R&D, so I’m sure it’s the same tech, but it’s just another tiny sensor, so don’t expect DSLR performance.
    Post edited by PB_PM on
    If I take a good photo it's not my camera's fault.
  • heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    edited February 2018
    :-) watched the live stream reveal..

quite cool phone....

Nice sensor tech.. not quite the NX sensor but probably even more advanced...

Looks like it got a feature where it does an instant 4 stack HDR. should be cool.
    It also seems to have the on sensor processor which can detect motion and trigger on motion detect. (within specified regions). so yes it seems at least some of the NX tech have evolved into the s9 and some even have improved and new tech added. (to be expected)
    Post edited by heartyfisher on
    Moments of Light - D610 D7K S5pro 70-200f4 18-200 150f2.8 12-24 18-70 35-70f2.8 : C&C very welcome!
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian: Some people look at you funny but do not see the amazing beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

• heartyfisherheartyfisher Posts: 3,186Member
    What do you guys think of this comparison video of the S9+ vs iphone vs Pixel ?