Advice for photographing a deep sea fishing trip

2»

Comments

• rmprmp Posts: 586Member
    LOL -- With Photoshop, it is doable. -- But, in my hands, you would know it was a bad cut-and-paste job. The sailboat in the background is a good idea. The iguanas on rocks in the foreground sounds good. Throw in a sunset, and maybe the grand kids kayaking through the scene. Thank the camera gods for the Nikon D850, it is possible.
    Robert M. Poston: D4, D810, V3, 14-24 F2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400, 105 macro.
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,675Member
    Yes, possible with the D850. But I think it will be really hard to get both the sailboat and the iguanas into the same frame.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    Focus stacking...
    Always learning.
  • donaldejosedonaldejose Posts: 3,675Member
    Yes, someday I will want to work on using focus stacking with a wide angle lens, like maybe 35 or 24 mm to shoot at f5.6 focused once on the foreground, once on the background and once or twice in between. Wish Nikon had this automatic now. Your camera knows the f stop and mm of the lens you are using. Just focus on the foreground and on the background to tell your camera the range of depth of focus you want and it should automatically calculate how many focus points are needed in between. It should be simple and should be able to be done with a software upgrade over the internet. Nikon is just creating a program and downloading it to the camera operating system memory. Please do it Nikon to make this feature easy to use.
  • Capt_SpauldingCapt_Spaulding Posts: 729Member
    LOL. One of these days we'll just tell our cameras "head down the Galapagos and take some really cool pictures" and then log into our cloud sites to see them pop up.
    Wow, and I thought we were just worried about mirror-sans-mirror. ... LOL But we cannot just send the camera on the trips -- who would drink the margaritas?
    Robert M. Poston: D4, D810, V3, 14-24 F2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8, 80-400, 105 macro.
  • spraynprayspraynpray Posts: 6,545Moderator
    ME!
    Always learning.
  • PistnbrokePistnbroke Posts: 2,443Member
    50% of the people who die falling off a boat in Australia have there flies open...
    Think about it
    Too many margaritas or beers.